Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linux users: important update

Linux users: important update

Hello Linux users,

We have an important update for you all that is effective as of today.

You might get some warnings when running Spotify. To fix this problem, you'll need to run the following command:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys D2C19886

For further instructions, see our Linux installation page:

https://www.spotify.com/download/linux/

In the future, this will not be a problem for Linux users. Thanks everyone!

91 Replies

Another impressions from the testing brach:

* It seems to start instantly, cool.

* It consumes more memory. The old version was OK with 512 MiB (or even less) for the whole VM. The new version is lazy with this amount of RAM and causes usage of swap. After adding extra 200MiB of RAM limit, it is OK.

Hey guys, what's new on 1.0.23.93.gd6cfae15?

I could not find any changelog

New version of Spotify reloads when trynig to access settings from top-right menu.

And also still there is no way (?) to get playback status via DBus.

Hello, with the last version 1.0.23.93.gd6cfae15 installed on my arch linux with awesome, I have some issues:

- The spotify icon is no longer displayed in the system tray

- I can't move the playlists in the left pannel to sort them.

Dbus play/pause status is still broken so media player extension for gnome shell still doesn't show the current track playing etc. 😞

Few hours ago today spotify client just went into infinite reload cycle and became unusable (ie it reloads each 2-3 seconds).

Where can i download previous minor version of spotify linux client? (i have 1.0.23.93 now)

As a temporary solution (Spotify <1.0 which i am possible to find is unusable for me because it not supports hidpi) i found mopidy-spotify-tunigo + mopidy-mopify

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/slack-desktop/
> the infinity reloading problem comes from freetype-2.6.3

(downgrade to 2.6.2 helps)

Spotify stores its cache in the default folder instead of the folder ive specified. Very annoying.

check this link for a 32 bit version from bodhilinux. It wil also play on linux mint or other debian releases
packages.bodhilinux.com/bodhi/pool/stable/s/spotify/spotify-client_0.9.4.183.g644e24e.428-1_i386.deb

I've just updated to Spotify version 1.0.23.93.gd6cfae15 and Spotify icon is missing from system tray.
Is there any magic to get it back?

I'm using default Ubuntu 14.04.

from what i know — no

Suggested posts