Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linux / xfce / Spotify 0.9.10 - Main window does not lose the focus

Solved!

Linux / xfce / Spotify 0.9.10 - Main window does not lose the focus

Hi,

With the new version, the spotify client has a strange behavior. The main window (the center panel) doesn't lose the focus and always is top. I can not view the right click option menu and other apps windows.

In the screencast the main window is void. With a screenshoot happens equal.  In true, i can view the window with content but I need minimize the window to use other apps.

spoti.png

Version:

Any ideas to resolve this fail?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You seem to be running a customized setup. What window manager are you using?

It may have to do with GPU accelerated webviews. What graphics card and driver do you run (proprietary or open)? If you click a playlist in the sidebar, what happens? (playlists are not webviews).

Does an older version work better?

https://code.google.com/p/spotcommander/wiki/DowngradeSpotify

I am running 0.9.10 on Xubuntu 12.04 64-bit without problems, and 0.9.4 on Xubuntu 14.04 32-bit without such problems.
SpotCommander - The most elegant, intuitive, feature-rich & universal remote control for Spotify, exclusive for Linux users!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Any help?

Marked as solution

You seem to be running a customized setup. What window manager are you using?

It may have to do with GPU accelerated webviews. What graphics card and driver do you run (proprietary or open)? If you click a playlist in the sidebar, what happens? (playlists are not webviews).

Does an older version work better?

https://code.google.com/p/spotcommander/wiki/DowngradeSpotify

I am running 0.9.10 on Xubuntu 12.04 64-bit without problems, and 0.9.4 on Xubuntu 14.04 32-bit without such problems.
SpotCommander - The most elegant, intuitive, feature-rich & universal remote control for Spotify, exclusive for Linux users!

Hi,

Great! I resolved the problem disabling the 3D speedup. The machine is a guest in Virtualbox.

CaptureSpoti.PNG

Thank you so much!

Makes sense. I have had similar experiences in VirtualBox.

Suggested posts