Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

MPRIS properties Volume and Position are not populated

MPRIS properties Volume and Position are not populated

Hi,

I'm poking into the MPRIS interface provided by the Spotify linux client, and the properties Volume and Position are not populated.

It would be very helpful to have them. Thank you.

In the attachment you can see the position and volume which are not at 0.

And here are the relevant dbus cli calls:

dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call  --dest=org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.spotify /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2 org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get string:org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player string:Volume
method return time=1498751472.984293 sender=:1.114 -> destination=:1.123 serial=30 reply_serial=2
   variant       double 0
dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call  --dest=org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.spotify /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2 org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get string:org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player string:Position
method return time=1498751571.061761 sender=:1.114 -> destination=:1.124 serial=31 reply_serial=2
   variant       int64 0
Spectacle.L31129.png
2 Replies

I'm experiencing the same issue and think that it should be easily fixable.

Since almost 10 month have passed since the issue was reported I wanted to ask if this could be fixed soon.

I would like to integrate the current position into the status bar of my terminal which is not possible right now.

The "Seeked" signal is also not emitted, so even if a useful position was provided there would be no way to know when/if the track was seeked in the main UI. When you did a seek your position would be out of sync...

Suggested posts