Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Max length of a playlist?

Solved!

Max length of a playlist?

Is there a maximum length or number of tracks for a playlist?  I've seen comments referring to playlists of hundreds, even 1000+ tracks, but I haven't found any documentation stating whether or not there is a maximum.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @rosiecar! Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

Playlists can have a maximum of 10,000 tracks each. 🙂 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @rosiecar! Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

Playlists can have a maximum of 10,000 tracks each. 🙂 

Thanks!  Can you have more than one playlist if you have one that long?  Wondering how the max length of a playlist relates to the max number of saved tracks (if it does).

@rosiecar wrote:

Thanks!  Can you have more than one playlist if you have one that long?  Wondering how the max length of a playlist relates to the max number of saved tracks (if it does).

I don't think Spotify poses a limit on the amount of playlists you can have. 🙂

I think the limit of number of playlists is the same as the track limit in one playlist. It is basically a root playlist containing other playlists instead of tracks, so they have similar limitations. But the limit could be set differently.

Max length of playlists related to max number of saved tracks just by the fact they are the same number now. They share similar scaling problems, but they are stored differently, on purpose, so number of saved tracks could eventually be increased, independent of max length of playlists.

Suggested posts