Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify Is worse

New Spotify Is worse

Hey,

as a premium spotify user I'm pretty disappointed with the new spotify program. 

Can't search your music playlists anymore? (I don't want to search all music in the spotify database always)

I love combining playlists with different styles in maps and submaps. It seems like you can't have the playlist view on maps anymore either? I can only select one playlist at a time.

I can start playing a folder though by double clicking on it. But somehow it always starts with the same song, also on shuffle which is kinda annoying.

I don't get these changes to be honest, they're just objectively worse. Not even a matter of taste, there's just less functionality. I don't get how big companies like spotify make such horrible mistakes. Am I missing something? 

Kind regards

5 Replies

What do you mean with combining playlists with different styles in maps and submaps?

The option to search a playlist will be coming back in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I really miss the part of viewing all songs in a folder. I like to play a folder and from time to time just search for 1 particular song to skip to. Can not do that now.

Wen i double click on my main music folder it will ALWAYS start playing the SAME exact song OVER AND OVER even when I double click that same exact folder repeatedly.  I never had this problem with the previous version of spotify.  Also I dislike where they placed the "Queue" icon, and where the heck did the "Devices" tab goto?  I used that tab A LOT, and it was very easy to fiure out what sons where synced with your devices.

If you want to get all those features back, you can get rid of this unfinished beta piece of crap and enjoy a fully-fonctional Spotify again by reverting to the previous version and preventing it from auto-updating :
http://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/wiki/1011060gc75ebdfd#wiki_reverting_to_an_older_version_.28without_...

Suggested posts