Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New version of desktop client won't connect to dbus

New version of desktop client won't connect to dbus

I have updated spotify-client to latest version (1.0.64.407.g9bd02c2d-26) and I can't use media buttons anymore. Problem is that new desktop client won't connect to dbus and and media button communication won't work. When I start spotify-client I get following error:

(spotify:15441): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_send_message: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

When I install older version of spotify (0.9.17) dbus communication works, but UI is messed up. Where can I find previous versions of spotify clients so I can roll back to the version I was using before as this is super annoying and unusable...

2 Replies

Other versions can be found here (if you are using debian-based system).

Also last version works on Ubuntu 16.04.3 with dbus normally.

I use this commands to communicate with dbus via media keys:

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.spotify /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2 org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player.PlayPause

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.spotify /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2 org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player.Next

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.spotify /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2 org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player.Previous

I also have this problem on Debian stretch 😞

Suggested posts