Announcements

No internet connection detected (eror code:4) - Ubuntu 20.04

No internet connection detected (eror code:4) - Ubuntu 20.04

Casual Listener

Plan Premium

Operating System Ubuntu 20.04

My Question or Issue

I have update to version 1:1.1.42.622.gbd112320-3 yesterday and since then spotify tells me there is no internet connection (although the PC has access to internet).
I have tried clear the cache, change proxy settings to No Proxy without sucess.

19 Replies

Re: No internet connection detected (eror code:4) - Ubuntu 20.04

Casual Listener
Weirdest thing is that despite being "offline", I can still login and then it sees and shows which song is being played on another device at the same moment with the same account...

Casual Listener

Hi! I faced the same issue. I have changed the dns settings on my router from auto to 8.8.8.8 and it helped

Visitor

I'm having this same issue on Elementary OS Hera 5.1.7 since I last updated Spotify. After some minutes of running the app, it seems to recover itself.

Visitor

Hi, I'm also having this issue since I updated Spotify to version 1.1.42.22.gdb112320 on Ubuntu 18.04.

I tried to delete Spotify folder in .cache but the issue happened again after 2 minutes. See my logs in the attachments.

I hope someone at Spotify dev team will have a look to our problem

Casual Listener

I finally went for the snap version (https://snapcraft.io/spotify) which doesn't show the problem. Changing DNS setting is not an option for me.

Casual Listener
I've seen the DNS suggestion several times, but it doesn't work for me. I refuse to use Snap, but still have the issue with the Flatpak.

This is also happening to me.  When using my VPN it happens 100% of the time, when not using it it's inconsistent, sometimes I can listen for an hour or so before I get the error, other times it happens straight away.

The only thing I've found which works for me is to turn off the wifi on my laptop and turn it back on again.

Operating System: Linux Mint 19.3
Kernel: Linux 5.3.0-24-generic
Architecture: x86-64

Spotify version: 1.1.42.622.gbd112320

Casual Listener

Hi all,

I face exactly the same issue. I tried deleting the cache and reinstalling the app, but I saw no improvement.

Operating System: Linux Mint 19.3
Kernel: Linux 5.4.0-52
Architecture: x86-64

Update: The DNS work around fixed the issue. I used to have Open DNS, but now I changed it and the problem is gone, at least for now.

Casual Listener
I'm also having this problem. Is the previous version available somewhere until this bug is fixed? Right now my desktop app is completely unusable. -.- I checked apt show, but it's only showing the current version and not the previous one, 1:1.1.42.622.gbd112320-37.
SUGGESTED POSTS