Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet detected - Error code 4 (Linux)

Solved!

No internet detected - Error code 4 (Linux)

Hi guys!

My spotify app stoped working. It shows that theres no connection (error code 4), but the internet it's working.

I tried to reinstall and login again but the error still occurring. I'm using elementary OS 0.3 Freya, based on Ubuntu 14.04.

Screenshot from 2016-05-30 16_11_23.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ejuniorls,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

Can you try clearing up the cache and let me know if the issue persists?

It's located in ~/.cache/spotify/ .

Looking forward hearing from you  🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ejuniorls,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

Can you try clearing up the cache and let me know if the issue persists?

It's located in ~/.cache/spotify/ .

Looking forward hearing from you  🙂

I cleaned the directory that you mentioned and now it's working again.

Thank you so much for helping me!

@ejuniorls, glad to hear it's all sorted now!  Have a 

HI, I'm having the same issue - and when I search for the folder "~/.cache/spotify/ " on my mac, it says it can't be found. Any other ideas?

I have premium, and it's returning error code 4.

I cleared the cache folder but it doesn't work for me.

Couldn't find ~/.cache/spotify/ (newer version of spotify?) so instead I uninstalled spotify and then went ahead and deleted every appearance of all files or directories (including hidden) containing the word spotify. Then re-installed spotify but still no internet detected.

I am on Ubuntu 17.04, with spotify 1.0.70.399.g5ffabd56-26 and also using PIA VPN (never had issues before with VPN but last month noticed that spotify would show "no internet connection" when VPN disconnected but normal operation when VPN connected - weird, ignored it, stayed always on VPN)

No recent changes to OS but last week upgraded to v76 for PIA VPN. VPN connected or not has no effect.

Logging into spotify through browser works normally.

All other programs on my computer recognize normal internet connectivity when both connected or disconnected through VPN.

I gave up waiting for a response. I upgraded to Ubuntu 17.10 and the problem was resolved.

Suggested posts