I use the Spotify client on Linux, version 188.8.131.528.gf9a83c60 on Ubuntu 18.04.
The client hasn't worked for a few weeks now. The offline message "No internet connection detected. Spotify will automatically try to reconnect when it detects an internet connection (error code:4)" is displayed at top.
- Search and playing songs does not work
- Login, changes in playlists etc are working
- Playing on other devices are working
- Actual network connection isn't the issue (it's not a local network failure)
- I do not believe it's a firewall issue (nothing has changed in that configuration here and I've also tried mobile network and my own VPN)
I have tried empyting the .cache and .config directories and purging the installation and reinstalling.
I have a log (--log-file) and trace file (--trace-file). I can also provide strace output if that would help. However I'd prefer sending those files for debugging rather than posting them publicly.