Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stutters on Sony ZX2 (always something wrong with Premium)

Playback stutters on Sony ZX2 (always something wrong with Premium)

Playback on the Sony ZX2 keeps stottering, even after clearing cache, reinstalling Spotify etcetera. 

There is always something wrong with Premium,. I subscribed to premium for off line music but it hardly ever works for longer than a month. From off line lists no longer offline, to all lists gone when you are abroad to stottering and crashing. Very frusttrating and spotify should refund if they cannot support offline playback.

So why is playback no longer working???????????????????????????????????

PS Since there is no Android in labels I selected all

Don't forget: Premium users have to be on line to listen to music off line.
2 Replies

Maybe it is time to stop with Spotify Premium. Spotify have not managed to resolve issues nor to provide support for this issue past years.

I am getting fed up with reinstalling to find out the stuttering is there, while everyting else (mp3, flac, eac, etc) play flawless.

Don't forget: Premium users have to be on line to listen to music off line.

Whenever you connect the ZX2 to your PC as a hard disk, Spotify loses access to the 128GB storage card. This causes Spotify to transfer the cache and all offline music to the 2MB app storage. 2MB is too small and so probably this is the cause of your poor listening experience.

The solution is firstly to go to Spotify settings and tap on "Delete cache and saved data". Then log back in to Spotify. And then, everytime you connect the ZX2 to a PC, make sure beforehand that Spotify is closed and not running even in the background. The best way is probably by going to to the Spotify App Info and tapping on Force Stop.

Hope this helps.

Suggested posts