Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist mysteriously became empty

Solved!

Playlist mysteriously became empty

This playlist which I was adding music to for a while became empty. I opened it up and saw the songs there and it became empty right before me. I didn't remove any songs. I'd really like to get these songs back. Is there currently a server issue?

https://open.spotify.com/user/22xbe73m5dnlfxoykaxtodeea/playlist/6IFNg6QjmlfPyfOlHGSHsD

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I thought this was a weird bug in the metadata or a linux client issue, because my client crashed, when I pasted the playlist uri into the searchbox, so I started looking into it. I was given access to analyze your playlist in the playlist system and according to the logs these 32 tracks below were deleted by you, the user at 2017-02-25 09:32:24 (I guess UTC timezone) using WIN32_X86. Does this makes any sense? 

In the future, if you yourself accidentally press ctrl-a to select all and then delete/backspace to delete all tracks, you can always directly press ctrl-z to undo that last action. However, this undo is local to the client where you did the operation. So if you just see tracks being deleted in front of you, you can't undo that.

spotify:track:6Ggtd1UBsm8GzMdDeEZOvO
spotify:track:0WzpqM6GqbVm6zQ2qeqDEW
spotify:track:6DCrhk9hSUfEZn9krnkvkA
spotify:track:2k5S8g4TkUjCNOHXs3iBKb
spotify:track:3BOQSVjlSd0epD8nV5VZ15
spotify:track:1FjUqL314LD6f7RwXdY8jf
spotify:track:0YchKPFRbVwwO4dH5hKrRi
spotify:track:2GQEM9JuHu30sGFvRYeCxz
spotify:track:4GkIeevgWYlUyLsZDXX9tb
spotify:track:7fDgrknRtmC7BSnbg59lql
spotify:track:0lbpbUJKVjIzU7ueIlkdI2
spotify:track:5T6NjHZkbAPE3sZJAPWCVA
spotify:track:2fF7d9X5JtVp7IkvGJsn4n
spotify:track:0gBPOQha9x4tYMyUO2ghse
spotify:track:1bPoSOL2emkTpRHI2DdxVs
spotify:track:5kGhN3SUrXUMZM2jB1Zmm9
spotify:track:6B6MW1Zz2hF3CNlWH7bMsN
spotify:track:3Tw3KO7PZxkc6Piogt7h2N
spotify:track:6WBuTGgqQ3HiNjOtBFeAbL
spotify:track:1XR4vmaD29cqCfn60MscVH
spotify:track:0uWBxatLqMmMRrBBij6y9c
spotify:track:0kR6qRSSRt6OcfIXPssjTc
spotify:track:224rpVLXgdrfEL0uf76ZNg
spotify:track:0abQgxZdSX7aMaIejtboIo
spotify:track:3XWZ7PNB3ei50bTPzHhqA6
spotify:track:5jkijswUuxlrDU5klEuCJV
spotify:track:2fxLjU0uSsWZvhSMeXjj3E
spotify:track:08nRq0P2uyLZAH7AJQHrhH
spotify:track:408peXsoikcI6YYxVEkAjs
spotify:track:6uzNYfTu1lf3dYQLp3tQqV
spotify:track:2QnMWSzY4VIPRbVbrnuLnA
spotify:track:6dd5Z6ndIrQYDNcap0yTFD

To re-add, you can just copy these tracks with ctrl-c and go to your playlist and press ctrl-v to paste them in.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

I thought this was a weird bug in the metadata or a linux client issue, because my client crashed, when I pasted the playlist uri into the searchbox, so I started looking into it. I was given access to analyze your playlist in the playlist system and according to the logs these 32 tracks below were deleted by you, the user at 2017-02-25 09:32:24 (I guess UTC timezone) using WIN32_X86. Does this makes any sense? 

In the future, if you yourself accidentally press ctrl-a to select all and then delete/backspace to delete all tracks, you can always directly press ctrl-z to undo that last action. However, this undo is local to the client where you did the operation. So if you just see tracks being deleted in front of you, you can't undo that.

spotify:track:6Ggtd1UBsm8GzMdDeEZOvO
spotify:track:0WzpqM6GqbVm6zQ2qeqDEW
spotify:track:6DCrhk9hSUfEZn9krnkvkA
spotify:track:2k5S8g4TkUjCNOHXs3iBKb
spotify:track:3BOQSVjlSd0epD8nV5VZ15
spotify:track:1FjUqL314LD6f7RwXdY8jf
spotify:track:0YchKPFRbVwwO4dH5hKrRi
spotify:track:2GQEM9JuHu30sGFvRYeCxz
spotify:track:4GkIeevgWYlUyLsZDXX9tb
spotify:track:7fDgrknRtmC7BSnbg59lql
spotify:track:0lbpbUJKVjIzU7ueIlkdI2
spotify:track:5T6NjHZkbAPE3sZJAPWCVA
spotify:track:2fF7d9X5JtVp7IkvGJsn4n
spotify:track:0gBPOQha9x4tYMyUO2ghse
spotify:track:1bPoSOL2emkTpRHI2DdxVs
spotify:track:5kGhN3SUrXUMZM2jB1Zmm9
spotify:track:6B6MW1Zz2hF3CNlWH7bMsN
spotify:track:3Tw3KO7PZxkc6Piogt7h2N
spotify:track:6WBuTGgqQ3HiNjOtBFeAbL
spotify:track:1XR4vmaD29cqCfn60MscVH
spotify:track:0uWBxatLqMmMRrBBij6y9c
spotify:track:0kR6qRSSRt6OcfIXPssjTc
spotify:track:224rpVLXgdrfEL0uf76ZNg
spotify:track:0abQgxZdSX7aMaIejtboIo
spotify:track:3XWZ7PNB3ei50bTPzHhqA6
spotify:track:5jkijswUuxlrDU5klEuCJV
spotify:track:2fxLjU0uSsWZvhSMeXjj3E
spotify:track:08nRq0P2uyLZAH7AJQHrhH
spotify:track:408peXsoikcI6YYxVEkAjs
spotify:track:6uzNYfTu1lf3dYQLp3tQqV
spotify:track:2QnMWSzY4VIPRbVbrnuLnA
spotify:track:6dd5Z6ndIrQYDNcap0yTFD

To re-add, you can just copy these tracks with ctrl-c and go to your playlist and press ctrl-v to paste them in.

Hi jooon, thanks for your response. It's a lot more helpful than the back and forth correspondence with the Spotify team. They still hadn't given my any indication of if there's a way to restore my playlist after 3 responses.

I'm not aware of any systems at home that have a 32-bit Windows OS, so that is peculiar. I also found it to be a series of motions to perform an accidental delete, with the one you said, being the most likely (highlight and delete). My best guess is a family member using the account if I left it on their web version before I switched to Premium for family, since it's quite common to log into the web version and forget about it. And their activity just being bad with technology. How they spoke of the account that had that activity seemed like I may have logged into it a while ago.

They strangely enough cancelled my subscription and cut all systems off from even being able to access my Spotify account still without really assisting. They found this to be the correct direction. I imagine logging out from other devices would be enough.

What a pain. Anyway, thanks for your time.

p.s. I also made a music visualizer a few months ago, attempting to use the Spotify API. It didn't work well, so I had to pivot and scrap it. If you've any music on your computer to drag onto it, it's kinda cool: http://heavyvisualizer.com

Suggested posts