Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Position from DBus

Solved!

Position from DBus

I posted this in the main forums earlier and have since found many other examples of people asking for this feature. I wanted to put it here to add my voice, just in case the developers actually read these.

Would it be possible for the devs to implement string:'Position' on the DBUS interface? At the moment it returns "int64 0" no matter the current position.

Full example from the CLI:

dbus-send --print-reply --session --dest=org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.spotify /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2 org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get string:'org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player' string:'Position'

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, Linux client volunteer here. The code that concludes the implementation of org.mpris.MediaPlayer2 and org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player (including Position and SetPosition)  was merged few days ago, and should be available in the next preview versions.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @philjackson

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. Thatโ€™s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

That's not an "Idea" to be upvoted. Position is literately a required MPRIS prop. Your MPRIS implementation is broken. That's a bug. 

I second this. This is not an idea but a missing functionality that should be implemented according to the standard.

This is indeed a bug or an oversight and has been ignored for more than a year.

Hey Spotify, will you take a look at this?

It's been almost 2 YEARS. Any updates?..

Marked as solution

Hi, Linux client volunteer here. The code that concludes the implementation of org.mpris.MediaPlayer2 and org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player (including Position and SetPosition)  was merged few days ago, and should be available in the next preview versions.

Where can we download the preview version?

Actually you can't download the preview. It's for internal test only. You have to wait the next official release.

Suggested posts