Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Prevent spotify from playing any radio songs

Solved!

Prevent spotify from playing any radio songs

My spotify automatically starts playing radio stations after each playlist is done playing. How do i turn this off? I don't want to listen to the radio and it's especially annoying because I listen to songs before I go to sleep but spotify keeps playing songs all night because it immediately starts playing songs from a "radio station based on my playlist".

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Found the solution: In the settings you can turn off "autoplay" which stops starting the radio.

Would like to know why it suddenly changed on all my devices, but with this I could stop that behavior again, luckily 🙂

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hi!

Do you have a premium subscription or a free subscription? Becausewhen using the free version, Spotify will autoplay radio after your playlist ended.

Hope this helped,

Jelmer

Follow me on Spotify!

I have a premium subscription.

I also have a premium subscription. I am still having this problem. Can find no way to turn it off.

Premium subscription - same issue. It's really annoying. It should be somewhere in option, but it isn't anywhere... It's frustrating.

Anyone found a solution? It is annoying. Have this issue for 2 days now and want to turn it back to the old behaviour.

Does repeat solve this issue? Although this will continue your playlist instead of ending.

Repeat ends in repeating the album, as one would expect. Helps a bit, but still I would prefer to totally stop playing when the album reached its end.

I am wondering what caused this different behaviour as I was only using Spotify on another Android phone. Since then all other Android phones took over this behaviour. My Windows desktop PC still works fine and normally... strange...

Marked as solution

Found the solution: In the settings you can turn off "autoplay" which stops starting the radio.

Would like to know why it suddenly changed on all my devices, but with this I could stop that behavior again, luckily 🙂

Thanks 🙂

The option to disable autoplay seems to have disappeared from my settings.  Is this just me, or has Spotify removed that option?  If they have, that would be very annoying.

Strangely, this solution doesn't stop this behavior on my side.

I have my auto play off and I am still gettin radio, is there a known fix for this?

Found my problem, it appears the "Auto similar songs" setting is per device and not per account. So you have to disable/enable it on each of your devices.

I was controlling music remotly from one device the another device on wich the "Autoplay" setting was not disabled.

I have the same problem on iPhone 6. Tried to update Spotify, with no effect. There still is no toggle for autoplay. 

It also seems to force autoplay on while listening on other devices. This is really irritating.

For some unknown reason today the autoplay toggle had returned to my iPhone. This is weird, but I'm glad I got to turn autoplay off. I hope the toggle stays there so I don't have to deal with this again. 

Suggested posts