Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Can't connect to Spotify. Trying again now..."

Problem Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Can't connect to Spotify. Trying again now..."

Hi,

I'm on ubuntu 14.04LTS i use spotify webplayer on mozilla firefox and i have troubleshooting with this message EVERYTIME

Can't connect to Spotify. Trying again now..."

I clear the cache i delete history but nothing to do always this message i can't use spotify with web anymore....

It seems to work with chromium but not with mozilla (the spotify app work too)

If somebody have a solution i will be greatfull.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Capture du 2015-12-20 15:26:25.png
3 Replies

Ubuntu (15.10)+Firefox user here... also been having this problem since last week.

Still having this issue. Not being able to use the web app is frustrating.

I don't think this is going to work in Firefox until Spotify takes action. I tried to show tech support ten json request failures coming from *.spotilocal.com:4370 - :4379 . Either they didn't care, or they had already eliminated the spotilocal issue as a root cause.

In any case, Flash is probably coming to an end on Linux, so it's best to fix the application. I really appreciate the fact that Spotify is trying their best to support Linux. When the application works, it works very well.

Here's what I did to get the App working again.

Synaptic Package Manager: search for Spotify: mark it for Complete Removal.

Reinstall. Launch. Spotify launches in under one second and I'm logged in, even after un-installing. That's not right. Repeat:

Synaptic Package Manager: mark Spotify for Complete Removal.

Command line: ps aux | grep spotify

Dozens of processes running on an application that has been removed. Kill all spotify processes.

Reinstall. Launch. Spotify launches in about two seconds: that feels better. I'm still logged in; but, we'll call that a "feature".

Spotify application works perfectly.

Close application and run: ps aux | grep spotify

About a dozen processes still running on a closed application. Conclusion: Spotify does not shut down well.

In a few days the application will probably fail again, and I'll have to kill a bunch of orphaned processes. Still, this is much better than running Flash in my primary web browser. Besides, it's a very nice application when its running.

Good luck!

Suggested posts