Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PureOS

PureOS

Hi, today I installed PureOS on my computer. Of course I also wanted Spotify on my computer but still not working...

This is the error i have in my terminal:

Packetlist will be loaded…. Ready. Tree of requirements will be prepared
The status information will be read… Ready
Some packages could not be installed. This probably means that you asked for an impossible situation, or, if you use the distribution ‘unstable’, that some needed packages still not is created or from ‘incoming’ was deleted.
The following information maybe could help to solute the situation:

The following packages have unfinished requirements:
spotify-client: requirement:libssl1.0.0 but is not ready to install
recommends: libavcodec54 but is not ready to install or
libavcodec-extra-54 but is not ready to install
recommends: libavformat54 but is not ready to install

E: can’t solve the problem, you keep defect packages

I translated it from my language....

What can i do to make it working?

3 Replies

I am also facing this issue. Based on similar questions regarding issues finding libssl-1.0.0 on other Debian derivatives, it seems the solution is to install that particular version of libssl (I gather that Spotify is hard-linked against v1.0.0). To get the correct package on PureOS, probably another software source will need to be added but I'm not sure which one. Maybe one of the software sources for Ubuntu or Debian?

running thread on this issue since February 2016, with several solutions depending on your setup: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/The-return-of-the-libssl-trouble-o...

I'm not really familiar with PureOS, but hopefully one of those can help

I have seen this before, can't remember the distro and which application was involved, but this how I got it fixed:

Every single file that can't be installed, can be downloaded by doing a web search for this file. So you download and install them manually.

Of course you want to do an "apt-get" first before you do this though. When all these files are installed then Spotify should be fine as well.

Make sure you have as many repo's active as well, because Debian has the largest, so I'm surprised to see so many "Debian" users having issues with Spotify, doesn't make much sense to me.

Suggested posts