Redistribute Spotify on Linux Distributions

3 people liked this

Re: Redistribute Spotify on Linux Distributions

stathisq

I'm a premium user of Spotify 2 years now (and I cannot recall how many years I use Spotify in general). I mainly use in on my (Arch) Linux Desktop both in my work and home. So I would like to see Spotify available as an official package.

3 people liked this

Bednar87

Yes, I would also like to see Spotify in the official arch repos

6 people liked this

mr_felixoid
Casual Listener

So, after one year and 4 months since ‎2017-10-30 while watching for this topic I could conclude that my opinion about Spotify's opinion regarding to this topic is:

• We don't give a ***** about your dirty open source
  • ***** off from here, we will ignore any suggestions
  • Again, do you pay or not, Spotify don't give any **** about you and your opinion. You are not their target audience.

Best regards, folks.

3 people liked this

Tranzystorek

Let's make this happen!

3 people liked this

Angelsoul

Let's make it happen!

3 people liked this

carverj75

Hi. I use Manjaro which is Arch based system. I would love it if Spotify was available to the Arch and Manjaro teams to maintain! Thanks

2 people liked this

ichigo325
Casual Listener

Never give up. Let's make it happen!

2 people liked this

rodopoulos

+1

Please, do this!

1 person liked this

somnophobe
Gig Goer

this would be fantastic!  TBH, just a clear redistribution policy would be great & would allow the distros that care to integrate Spotify to do so.

This would theoretically allow the Chromium Embedded Framework dependency to be dynamically-linked rather than statically-linked, also.  Dynamic linking could theoretically bring down RAM usage significantly when it's running alongside another CEF-based product like Steam, which could help (Spotify is currently using about as much RAM as the rest of my system, including Firefox, put together)

3 people liked this

mattsnider

I think it's a little ridiculous to not have any official response - not even an acknowledgement.

Please consider reviewing this request. There are people offering to get your product into more people's hands for free, and will do the work to maintain the relevant distributions, and all you need to do is spend a few hours of your time discussing this with your legal department.

SUGGESTED POSTS