Redistribute Spotify on Linux Distributions

Re: Redistribute Spotify on Linux Distributions

Stephen304
Regular

Spotify, you need to have your software available through official channels for various distros. It's a bit ridiculous for such a large company to be relying on community maintained packages, and relying on end users to apply patches when the package build breaks.

potato_expert

Come on Spotify! We need this.

ccxex29

As an Arch and Spotify user, i understand how active has the development of spotify been on Arch User Repository. But, things can always go wrong and doesn't have official support. Since that, we really need your agreement.

shapeshifter499

I use Arch Linux and I support this.

karlitozebc

Please upvote this post if you also with to natively install Spotify on ArchLinux and other Linux Systems.

ZOTTA

Please, I support the sugestion.

Thanks.

darkhamm
Casual Listener

NicoHood, do you had some news about? 

With flatpak/snap/appimage solutions (with snap as "official") , distro-indipendent and easiest for end users, it's almost sure that spotify developers have less interest than ever, on collaborating for an official archlinux/non-debian package. 

JMurph2015

++1

I've been a Spotify Premium user for almost three years now and I use it across several Linux distros (Ubuntu and Arch mostly).  Having it in the repos would be great!

mudrii

+1 nice to have in official repo

aromanos
Casual Listener

Supported!

SUGGESTED POSTS