Reset Discover Weekly?

Highlighted

Reset Discover Weekly?

J0nasd
Casual Listener

I got a premium account for 3 years now. I enjoyed listening to the Discover Weekly playlist until latly. Since lately, i get realy bad suggestions (like german folk / schlager). A while ago i created a "bad taste party"-playlist with songs like "Cotton Eye Joe", "Super Freak" and other party music, which i listened to for quite a while. Since then my discover weekly playlist is realy crappy, even though i went back to my old music taste which is more alternative, indie, folk...

I googled a lot but dindn't find a suitable solution. Is there a way to mark songs as "not my taste" or even reset my whole "ranking"?

29 Replies

Re: Reset Discover Weekly?

JCdotnl
Roadie

Hey @J0nasd,

Discover weekly is based on your taste, previous songs listened. The best thing you can do is keep listen to your favourite songs, the list will be tuned again to the songs you like.

Always good to have some guilty pleasures in your list haha !

Have a nice day
- Jordy

J0nasd
Casual Listener

That's what i did for the last half year, but always when i give the list another try theres mostly this kind of schlager music.

It seems that somehow this famous party songs i listened to are weighted more than the indie sound i'm normally listening to.

FellipeMe

I'm having the same problem... There's no way to just clear the searching mechanism so it would forget all the past songs and start to use the latest songs as reference for the playlist?

wencesm

Same problem here. My kids used my Spotify session for several months. They now have their own family accounts but it seems like I got stuck with their music preferences.

I need a way to start fresh now that they stopped using my account

alawaiblowfish

Also in the same predicament and it pisses me off that I basically have no choice other than create a new account or just overlisten to **bleep** just so I can get it back...and even then itʻll still try to interject with unwanted generes of music.  Make a reset button...please!

csimkin

Nothing can be done?  My Spotify account was hacked and some bell listened to loads of French rap and now that's all that comes up.  Would love to just reset and start from scratch again

Betreff: Reset Discover Weekly?

hans-jürgen
Roadie

J0nasd schrieb:

A while ago i created a "bad taste party"-playlist with songs like "Cotton Eye Joe", "Super Freak" and other party music, which i listened to for quite a while.

Did you already try to delete that playlist and create a "good taste" one for example? Or add some related bands and albums to Your Music?

northstar_7
Casual Listener

Same problem here.  I used to love getting a new weekly playlist.  Now they are **bleep** for various reasons similar to those mentioned by others in this thread.

We need a reset button.  Until then, it's a non-feature for some of us.  Too bad too...I have sold others on the weekly playlist as a differentiator from the commoditized streaming services with google, apple, and now amazon basically offering the same service as Spotify.  The weekly playlist is one of the features that may help attract and retain customers, unless it is neglected.

tailslide1970

@wencesm wrote:

Same problem here. My kids used my Spotify session for several months. They now have their own family accounts but it seems like I got stuck with their music preferences.

I need a way to start fresh now that they stopped using my account

I am in the exacty same boat.  It's why I bought the family accounts but I'm still getting the kids music. Even after I methodically removed anything related to them, Please help! I used to love the weekly playlist

SUGGESTED POSTS