Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reset Discover Weekly?

Reset Discover Weekly?

I got a premium account for 3 years now. I enjoyed listening to the Discover Weekly playlist until latly. Since lately, i get realy bad suggestions (like german folk / schlager). A while ago i created a "bad taste party"-playlist with songs like "Cotton Eye Joe", "Super Freak" and other party music, which i listened to for quite a while. Since then my discover weekly playlist is realy crappy, even though i went back to my old music taste which is more alternative, indie, folk...

I googled a lot but dindn't find a suitable solution. Is there a way to mark songs as "not my taste" or even reset my whole "ranking"?

29 Replies

Hey @J0nasd,

Discover weekly is based on your taste, previous songs listened. The best thing you can do is keep listen to your favourite songs, the list will be tuned again to the songs you like.

Always good to have some guilty pleasures in your list haha !

Have a nice day
- Jordy

That's what i did for the last half year, but always when i give the list another try theres mostly this kind of schlager music.

It seems that somehow this famous party songs i listened to are weighted more than the indie sound i'm normally listening to.

I'm having the same problem... There's no way to just clear the searching mechanism so it would forget all the past songs and start to use the latest songs as reference for the playlist?

Same problem here. My kids used my Spotify session for several months. They now have their own family accounts but it seems like I got stuck with their music preferences.

I need a way to start fresh now that they stopped using my account

Also in the same predicament and it pisses me off that I basically have no choice other than create a new account or just overlisten to **bleep** just so I can get it back...and even then itʻll still try to interject with unwanted generes of music.  Make a reset button...please!

Nothing can be done?  My Spotify account was hacked and some bell listened to loads of French rap and now that's all that comes up.  Would love to just reset and start from scratch again

J0nasd schrieb:

A while ago i created a "bad taste party"-playlist with songs like "Cotton Eye Joe", "Super Freak" and other party music, which i listened to for quite a while.

Did you already try to delete that playlist and create a "good taste" one for example? Or add some related bands and albums to Your Music?

Same problem here.  I used to love getting a new weekly playlist.  Now they are **bleep** for various reasons similar to those mentioned by others in this thread.

We need a reset button.  Until then, it's a non-feature for some of us.  Too bad too...I have sold others on the weekly playlist as a differentiator from the commoditized streaming services with google, apple, and now amazon basically offering the same service as Spotify.  The weekly playlist is one of the features that may help attract and retain customers, unless it is neglected.

@wencesm wrote:

Same problem here. My kids used my Spotify session for several months. They now have their own family accounts but it seems like I got stuck with their music preferences.

I need a way to start fresh now that they stopped using my account

I am in the exacty same boat.  It's why I bought the family accounts but I'm still getting the kids music. Even after I methodically removed anything related to them, Please help! I used to love the weekly playlist

Even a down vote button or a "no more like this" button would allow us to fix it ourselves over time.

Second this ^

how is there not a Pandora, dislike option yet to curate personal music tastes for Discover Weekly

I listen to classical music while working but outside of work I listen to other genres. I don't really want Discover Weekly to show me new classical music, I want it to show me the genres I listen to outside of working hours.

This is all BULL - instead of us having to construct a workaround shouldn't spotify give (at least the pro users) a way of resetting the preferences data?

Having exactly the same problem, worst of all the Your Daily Mix, Discover and Release Radar almost only show kids pop, like Shawn Mendez, Rhianna and similar.

Can someone solve this please? Or answer it in some way!

The same here.Discover weekly was the biggest strenght of Spotify to me, untill 2017. Without any particular reasons it started proposing some sh*tty hip hop that I never listen to.

My natural reaction was looking for some "dislike" button, but it seems to difficult for Spotify.

How many more of us must say the same thing before spotify listens?

Discover Weekly, started good, over time became rubbish. We dont need just a reset button, spotify has to work on their algorithms.

Same here. I can't understand why there isn't an option to say Not Interested or similar to certain tracks. I listen to some Bluegrass and some Folky stuff like Leonard Cohen, Neil Young etc. and because of this I just seem to get really full on Country music. I listen to a whole lot of other stuff but that's all the majority of my Discover Weekly. It used to be good. Such a shame. I used to use ThisIsMyJam to discover new music and Discover Weekly was a good alternative when it shut down but not any more. 

Hi, 

I have a similar problem, I don't understand why my Discover Weekly plays a lot of Brazilian and German rap for some reason. I don't listen (and have never listened to) either genres, although I listen to some American rap and a little French rap, I don't have a single German song (rap or otherwise) and maybe like 1 or 2 Brasilian samba songs.... and yet week after week, 40% of the song in my Discover Weekly are German and Brazilian rap... I keep skipping them to show the Spotify algo that I'm not enjoying it but it's not working.... Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for the help, 

-Chloé

Couldn't agree more. The problem with having a great feature like Discover Weekly  (which I once loved)... when it goes bad, it's easy for disdain to creep in. It now actually frustrates to anger :0

I will never upgrade to Pro or even a family plan until Spotify addresses this. Its really silly and simple in the spectrum of their otherwise "smart" platform.

Come on, people.

Maybe the only solution is to cancel our accounts and sign up for a brand new account.  If I went to that trouble though, I may try other services in the meantime to see if I like them more.

Suggested posts