Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reset Discover Weekly?

Reset Discover Weekly?

I got a premium account for 3 years now. I enjoyed listening to the Discover Weekly playlist until latly. Since lately, i get realy bad suggestions (like german folk / schlager). A while ago i created a "bad taste party"-playlist with songs like "Cotton Eye Joe", "Super Freak" and other party music, which i listened to for quite a while. Since then my discover weekly playlist is realy crappy, even though i went back to my old music taste which is more alternative, indie, folk...

I googled a lot but dindn't find a suitable solution. Is there a way to mark songs as "not my taste" or even reset my whole "ranking"?

29 Replies

I completely agree that there should be a reset function. I listen to Spotify's sleep playlists at night, and my weekly discover suggestions are 100% ambient noise and new age music. This is a far cry from the indie and punk rock that I listen to during the day.

I completely agree. Looking from a technical aspect, a simple "Dislike" button on the spotify weekly tracks would solve this. I´ve also saved a lot of rubbish music, which I listed to like once, but for some reason it started only showing those tracks in the Discover Weekly.

They have a thumbs up and down on playlist radios in order to improve them. I'm not sure how effective they are as I haven't used them much but surely this option could be added to Discover Weekly if the functionality is already in place.

Exactly my problem, listened to all the songs on the Disover Weekly list playlist today and liked exactly none of them 😕 has anyone got suggestions for Spotify alternatives?

If you scrobble to Last.fm, try your Recommendations radio or any other personalised radio station there like Mix, also the Similar Artists and Global Tags radios. Direct playback of Last.fm radio stations only works in the Spotify desktop client though, neither in the web player nor in the mobile apps.

Looks like the only option is to vote with your feet. 

For some reason my discover playlists have been filled with junk that I wouldnt even listen to in jest. 

I dont see any reason to keep paying for a service that doesnt deliver.

I once listened to a Dutch pop song and since then I now get 2-3 dutch songs in my discover weekly, and now of course it's a self-fulfilling prophecy because it now wants to include more dutch songs.

Spotify sort this out, a simple dislike button is all it takes

Had exactly the same thing - I used to love getting a new playlist on Monday, it was a great productivity tool to start the week.

But some tool decided to hack my account and now it's full of really bad French hiphop with explicit lyric warnings.

I've been trying for two weeks to 'cleanse' my account by playing as much music as possible, but the DW playlist is still full of effluent.

I've been in touch with support about this, and the response is comically absurd. Essentially, they've told me that I need to listen to my music...... and eventually the bad music will go away. No guarantees of how long this will take. Here's a snippet from my conversation - it's like an episode from Terry Gilliam's Brazil.

Chat with a Spotify robot

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 09.48.18.png

I've never listened to german language music. In the last few months all the **bleep**tiest german pop and techno music appears on my weekly list. How can I stop it? It makes me very frustrated.

I'm thinking of stopping my premium subscription until you add a filter where I can stop german, swedish, etc. music to appear.

I will be stopping our family subscription precisely because of this issue.

Suggested posts