NEXT STEP

Slackware64-current - missing libnettle.so.6

Solved!

Slackware64-current - missing libnettle.so.6

1. Slackware64-current
  2. Free
  3. 1.0.89
  4. Spotify doesn't start, and on the console give me the error 
    /opt/spotify/usr/bin/spotify: error while loading shared libraries: libnettle.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

UPDATE: I managed to solve the issue, thanks to Giacomo (https://github.com/jak3)

The Spotify in the sbopkg for Slackware-current has the file /opt/spotify/usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4 linked to libcurl-gnutls.so.4.5.0 in the same folder, so Giacomo suggested to create a symlink libcurl-gnutls.so.4 to /usr/lib64/libcurl.so, so I renamed the libcurl-gnutls.so.4 to libcurl-gnutls.so.4.bkp

mv /opt/spotify/usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4 /opt/spotify/usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4.bkp

and created a symlink to /usr/lib64/libcurl.so

ln -sf /usr/lib64/libcurl.so /opt/spotify/usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4

and worked 😄

View solution in original post

6 Replies

The current version of the package is 1:1.1.5.153.gf614956d-16 - have you tried updating?

Have you tried installing/updating nettle package?

Just saying...

Marked as solution

UPDATE: I managed to solve the issue, thanks to Giacomo (https://github.com/jak3)

The Spotify in the sbopkg for Slackware-current has the file /opt/spotify/usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4 linked to libcurl-gnutls.so.4.5.0 in the same folder, so Giacomo suggested to create a symlink libcurl-gnutls.so.4 to /usr/lib64/libcurl.so, so I renamed the libcurl-gnutls.so.4 to libcurl-gnutls.so.4.bkp

mv /opt/spotify/usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4 /opt/spotify/usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4.bkp

and created a symlink to /usr/lib64/libcurl.so

ln -sf /usr/lib64/libcurl.so /opt/spotify/usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4

and worked 😄

Reply for somnophobe 

Because the Spotify is built for Ubuntu, it has some libraries which don't exist in the Slackware, so the latest version working, installing by sbopkg is what have.

Reply for gysddn

I already have the latest nettle, the issue is because the Spotify is looking for an old version, and I don't think downgrading is an acceptable solution.

Slackware64-current uses nettle 3.5.1 (libnettle.so.7.0) so making a symlink to the system /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4.5.0 seems to work.

Another option is to rebuild curl without SSL but with GNUTLS. Uncomment/and add the following lines in the curl.Slackbuild-script:

# Uncomment to build a no-SSL version:
SSLOPT=--without-ssl
./configure \
--prefix=/usr \
 --libdir=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX} \
 --mandir=/usr/man \
 --with-ca-bundle=/usr/share/curl/ca-bundle.crt \
 --with-libssh2 \
 --with-gnutls \
 --enable-static=no \
 $SSLOPT || exit 1

Place the resulting libcurl.so.4.5.0 in your Spotify installation directory. Rename as libcurl-gnutls.so.4 and you are good to go. Keep in mind that you will need to rebuild this every time nettle is upgraded since libcurl is bulit against nettle.

Suggested posts