Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Ubuntu 20.04

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app GUI keep getting freeze while playing music but the song still run as well and still can close, minimize or maximize. So i tried to troubleshooting and this shown in terminal.

Screenshot from 2020-08-13 20-10-10.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi

First thing I'd try is turning off the "Hardware Acceleration" under settings, restarting your PC and see if that helps.

If it doesn't then I suggest a clean reinstall, please have a look at this link and follow each instruction for you machine step by step!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p...

Good luck, let us know how you get on ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi

First thing I'd try is turning off the "Hardware Acceleration" under settings, restarting your PC and see if that helps.

If it doesn't then I suggest a clean reinstall, please have a look at this link and follow each instruction for you machine step by step!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p...

Good luck, let us know how you get on ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi, thanks for helping me
Can you tell me i need to turn off "Hardware Acceleration" of what and how to do it?

Thanks

If you're using the Spotify Desktop App - under settings there is a "Use Hardware Acceleration" toggle button, default is ON, please turn this off.

Im sorry but in my app don't have that button, if im not wrong it should be at the bottom of advanced settings.

Screenshot from 2020-08-13 21-56-06.png

Please tell me another method, i tried to reinstall but when i use "spotify" command in terminal it shown this:

Gtk-Message: 21:35:53.586: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

Ah sorry I've just noticed your OS is Ubuntu - I'm sorry I have no experience in this ๐Ÿ˜ž 

It okay, not a fully solution but freeze not occur any more so thank you for helping!

Suggested posts