Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect - Windows to Linux, Shuffle is not shuffling

Spotify Connect - Windows to Linux, Shuffle is not shuffling

Windows client is controlling the linux client.

Windows ver. 1.0.27.75.gdc223232

Linux ver. 1.0.27.71.g0a26e3b2

Shuffle only uses ~100 songs around currently playing when shuffling.

Not sure if it's this broken between two windows client as well and frankly I can't be arsed to test it.

Fix please. Shuffle shouldn't be this hard to get right.

5 Replies

Hello @blubbo,

I just had the chance to test it and for me, everything works fine. 

I made a playlist of around 200 songs and started streaming via my Linux client while I use the Windows client just for controlling purposes. 

It's a good idea when you start the shuffle to check the Queue and see how many songs are in there ( for me all the songs were in there ).

@Dreadlord wrote:

Hello @blubbo,

I just had the chance to test it and for me, everything works fine. 

I made a playlist of around 200 songs and started streaming via my Linux client while I use the Windows client just for controlling purposes. 

It's a good idea when you start the shuffle to check the Queue and see how many songs are in there ( for me all the songs were in there ).

Hmm, as the queue only shows 50 songs I find it hard to believe that yours is showing all the 200 songs? Or am I missunderstanding you?

In my case it's a 6000+ song playlist and when Spotify Connected it only uses songs near the one playing for the queue as I said.

When toggling the shuffling it also takes noticably less time for it to shuffle than when not using SC which suggests it is in fact not using the same "stuff" in the background.

I have also tested this using a playlist of 110 songs in groupd of 5 from different artists and while playing the first song and shuffling none of the last 10 songs is ever included in the queue. If I disconnect SC they are.

This sadly isn't a "It works for me, you're probably doing it wrong" kind of problem.

Bump as this is, fairly unsurprisingly, still an issue in 1.0.28.

Also here waiting on an answer from Spotify. It seems to me like it's shuffling through songs within an album, and then moving onto the next album after all those have been played. 

I can vouche for this issue as well. 

Shuffling all my songs is working fine on my Android 5.4.0.858 when playing locally (on the phone). It seems to play through the whole range of the playlist randomly.

But when I switch to Spotify Connect and start playing from another device (Windows 1.0.29.90.g200ff544 in this case), the shuffling only pulls from ~50 songs around the currently playing song,

I can return play to the Android device and the shuffle will still be from ~50 songs around the current song. If I hit "Shuffle Play" again, shuffling will work as normal again.

So I can confirm this is an issue with shuffling using Spoitfy Connect as OP said.

Suggested posts