Spotify GUI freezes in Ubuntu 19.10

Highlighted

Re: Spotify GUI freezes in Ubuntu 19.10

Gig Goer

Is this some kind of game ... when I write here everything is ok ... it freezes immediately.

Highlighted

Gig Goer
I disabled Adblock Plus on Spotify website (firefox) and things seem little better now.
Does Spotify gui have something to do with web-browser?
Highlighted

Music Fan

I’m sorry that you think I’m playing games it just I got mine working with no problems and I’m not 100% sure how I fixed it I am trying to help I’m now at a loss I wish I could help you get your working like mine with no problems 

sorry 

Highlighted

Gig Goer
Hi Ali .. I apologize ... it has happened 2-3 times for me ... when everything has worked smooth for a while I write here about it and next minute the gui freezes ... just bad luck .. no hard feelings I hope.
Cheers ... uffek

Hey guys, I've found a workaround that has worked everytime so far.

When the UI freezes (but still shows up, not entirely blank as already happened sometimes), go to where is the song title of the current music being played (or other music, since it is frozen, it doesn't matter) and click and DRAG IT like you would do to add the song to a playlist. It will refresh the UI and everything will work again.

Magic, right?

Highlighted

Gig Goer

Hi

I just wonder how come there are 3 process id's for spotify when I play song and spotify is ok (not frozen)

Top_spotify.png

Highlighted

Music Fan
Not 100% sure I think it has something to do with your subscription and how it processes the streaming part whiles online as you use the internet to stream as for your other question disabling the ad blocker in the Spotify account settings would only really make a difference if you had a free subscription or a hacked premium subscription
Highlighted

Gig Goer
I have paid family premium.
Highlighted

Music Fan
Well I don’t know I have paid premium not a family one and I’ve done everything that I’ve said here and my Spotify problem has gone haven’t had any problems since If you system seems fine now a wouldn’t worry that it using 3 process IDs just enjoy Spotify working
Highlighted

Music Fan
  • Ad Blocker plus stops ads in things like Facebook and YouTube etc and Spotify uses Facebook to share and can be used to login to Spotify so having it enabled it probably cause problems but by disabling it sorts you Spotify out but allows ads to appear in Facebook and other things 
SUGGESTED POSTS