Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify LINUX freezes any mouse interaction all other apps (including spotify itself) [Kubuntu KDE]

Spotify LINUX freezes any mouse interaction all other apps (including spotify itself) [Kubuntu KDE]

Hello,

I'm using the last Kubuntu 14.10, with spotify 0.9.11.27.

The client will randomly freeze any interaction with all apps. The mouse pointer still available, but I can't click anymore. The KDE app launcher is frozen too, and the rendered desktop looks strange. I think, the KDE plasma desktop is entirely frozen.

The only thing I can do is ALT+F5 to switch in Console mode. I use it to restart the computer.

I saw some subjects here, about SPOTIFY hijacking mouse clics, but I'm not sure it's the same issue.

3 Replies

The best place to post for help is over on the main linux topic:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-0-9-11-for-GNU-Linux/td-p/842969

Since Spotify on linux is a preview/experimental, these sorts of bugs aren't all that uncommon I'm afraid.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Can you use a console to run 'killall spotify'? Usually it works to release the mouse for me. 

Hello, and thank you for the answer.

Yes I can open the Terminal and killall spotify. But this mouse problem happens really often (I think I never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes).

I tried to disable the hardware acceleration in Spotify settings, but it didn't help at all.

Suggested posts