Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Unlimited Ads

Spotify Unlimited Ads

Plan

Unlimited

Device

Ubuntu 18.04

Operating System

Linux

I have an older plan, Spotify Unlimited, which doesn't exist anymore. 

Until a few days ago I never had ads before on my desktop. Now every half an hour or so ads come blasting in my livingroom.

Basically with these ads I now all of a sudden have a "free" account despite paying. Why is this, what has changed?

4 Replies

Hello! 

If your plan is old, Spotify might have removed it. Is the payment still recurring? If not, they probably stopped it for you, due to the removal. I would upgrade your plan to the new one, if you still want Spotify services. 

I hope this helps! 

- Emily

I had a chat with Spotify. It seems that they are closing down our Unlimited plan.

This was mentioned in the chat:

"Unfortunately, the subscription type is really old and is no longer being supported by Spotify that much as of now.

For when the subscription type will be fully closed, we don't have a definite time on when this will happen."

That is what I assumed was happening. I think they are just trying to give more options, and Spotify unlimited is basically the same as the normal plan (I think). I hope you stay with Spotify and get the newer plan! I hope my responses helped you.
- Emily

Hey there @soundon,

This is currently being looked into by the right team. You can head here for more updates. Since you're seeing this in the Linux client instead of the Linux player, we'd recommend leaving a comment with more details so we can pass it on to our tech folks 🙂

Thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts