Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Solved!

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Dell XPS 13

Operating System

Arch Linux x86-64

My Question or Issue

I want to play an mp3 file from my disk with Spotify. I added the folder containing the file to my local files settings (see screenshot in attachments). When I click the play button on the file, it gives me an error (see other screenshot in attachments).

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

local_files_settings.png
error_message.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Obvious questions. Have you tried the suggested "ffmpeg-compat-57" package? How did you install the "spotify" package? AUR or snap?

You can always removes all spotify-related files in /home/ and reinstall spotify. Fixed my problem before.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Obvious questions. Have you tried the suggested "ffmpeg-compat-57" package? How did you install the "spotify" package? AUR or snap?

You can always removes all spotify-related files in /home/ and reinstall spotify. Fixed my problem before.

Hi Gig Goer,

I installed Spotify from AUR.

Thanks for your response. I uninstalled Spotify and removed all Spotify-related files from my home directory. Unfortunately this did not work.

I have also tried to install the "ffmpeg-compat-57" package. This did fix my problem. Thanks for your help.

Suggested posts