Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify client on Ubuntu has started playing 2-5 ads in a row instead of the 1-2 that it used to be

Spotify client on Ubuntu has started playing 2-5 ads in a row instead of the 1-2 that it used to be

I joined Spotify around Christmas time and have really enjoyed it. I had Premium for a while but then couldn't afford it any longer, so I had to go back to a free account.

Now, I understand that Spotify's free service requires ads, and I'm totally fine with that, but I feel like recently it has gone from playing 1, maybe 2 ads every few songs to 3 - 5 ads in a row every few songs. I'm fine with having 1 - 2 ads every now and again, but having 3-5 ads lasting anywhere from 15-30 seconds each is really annoying.

Now, I don't have screenshots of the ads back when I had to go back to free, but I do have this one from recently:

Spotify Crazy # of Ads

They ads are mostly 15 second ones, but I feel like the number has gone up significantly recently and I've had other friends of mine who use free accounts say the same thing.

I know I've seen other people reporting this same thing, I'd really like it if you fixed it.

PS: Mods, sorry about posting this three times. For whatever reason your site inserted a bunch of random javascript into my post AFTER I had created it (it didn't show up in the editor.) I've switched browsers, so hopefully it won't do that again.

0 Replies

Suggested posts