Spotify continuously skips songs on linux

Re: Spotify continuously skips songs on linux

blasto
Casual Listener

Yeah just a guess, I hadn't updated the client in a while and it just stopped working today. It's really annoying being a paying customer just to get the "we don't support linux" speech, we are just asking for a functioning client. Would be nice to at least get a straight answer (we are working on it would be enough for me) At least the web interface is prettier.

skeadster
Casual Listener

I have just done a clean install of Pop OS on an SSD, to use on the same laptop and this started. Just yesterday, I was listening fine on my old install. Could it be a version that is shoddy?

I'l try and get the old version from my old drive to see if the issue persists.

soulnull
Regular

i dont think that'll help much.. i didnt even use my linux install for about a week, as soon as i booted it up it started acting up. a lot of these electron apps self-update the code.. i'd have to guess it has something to do with the DRM malfunctioning, but I honestly have no clue.

soulnull
Regular

Alright, I feel a little better.. Linked to this thread as well, so hopefully it makes a difference. This is the response I was looking for, though I admit the one above still irks me... I did mention the thread, and he proactively asked for a link and spent time reading it. But the issue is known, now hopefully someone there can actually fix the issue. I asked if I could post a screenshot of his response, and he gave his okay, so sharing it with all of you. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about my subscription. I'm just going to have to sleep on it and see how this issue works itself out before I come to a rational decision.. But at least they have a fighting chance now.

spotify2.png

JessicaBrohns

Yep, Ubuntu 18.04 and I have this problem too.

Hope it gets fixed quick.

lucasrizzini
Regular

All good here now, guys. Seems like they heard us. 

Lenny87
Casual Listener

Yam, seems to be fixed.

Archlinux, latest spotify from AUR

Offpics
Casual Listener

Yeaa :D
Thanks for the quick fix :)

skeadster