Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify fails to launch on Manjaro

Spotify fails to launch on Manjaro

Plan

Premium

Country

Israel

Device

PC

Operating System

Manjaro, Stable (Latest)

My Question or Issue

Spotify Snap Version fails to launch on the latest Manjaro version, I'd rather use the Snap version then the AUR version, is there any ETA for a fix on that?

8 Replies

Same (?) issue on Ubuntu 20.04:

$ spotify
Gtk-Message: 13:33:51.549: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: 13:33:51.549: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: 13:33:51.598: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

(uninstalled and reinstalled, "latest/stable: 1.1.26.501.gbe11e53b-15 2020-02-17 (41) 171MB -", same issue)

I just installed it on my HP Pavillion Gaming running Manjaro as well, just used the command on the install page and it got everything it needed including snap. You might try updating everything. It launches and works just fine for me

Just curious why do you prefer the snap version to the AUR one?

There are many threads about the canberra-gtk issues. Some solutions for some people. No general solution as far as I can tell.

I haven't used the other but I will say the snap version is basically the
same as on Windows and I haven't seen a difference yet. I would say
something that's almost like the Windows app is good enough

Now I'm curious. Because as far as I know, the windows' spotify version is different from the linux one. Like 1.1.36 vs 1.1.26 something like that. Not sure about the exact number. I guess there's an obvious jump from 1.1.1 to 1.1.26/36.

In my opinion, if snap version doesn't work, the simplest thing to try is installing it from your distro's repos or flathubs.

Well I just need it to play music with volume normalization and it does that just fine. Idk what's the difference but yeah it's older but that doesn't mean it doesn't play music, does it? In my opinion it gets the job done 

Oh I see. The non-snap version doesn't do volume normalization.

edit: /s

I am seeing the same issue still. Installing the Spotify snap on Manjaro by following the instructions from https://www.spotify.com/us/download/linux/ (snap install spotify) succeeds but upon attempting to launch Spotify I see this error: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

I thought the whole point of a snap was to contain everything it needed, why is it failing to load something?

Suggested posts