Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify not working after upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04

Spotify not working after upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04

Guys,

After I upgrade my Ubuntu machine to Xenial (16.04) Spotify Client can't connect to internet.

I've purged the installation and even authentication is not working.

Is that some ubuntu version related problem?

PS: Web player is working

7 Replies

Hey @rguimaraens,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

I am currently setting up the Ubuntu 16.04 to see if I can reproduce the issue.

Meanwhile, could confirm the following:

1. The exact Spotify version installed (check About Spotify)
2. Have you tried a clean reinstallation?

Thank you!

P.S. If you are from Europe, can you start Spotify like that and let me know if it works:

spotify --ap=194.132.162.195

Hi @Dreadlord

Can you give a little more information on what you did for the DNS and system proxy?  I am def seeing that in that logs when started on shell.

After re-installing Spotify upon upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 (from 15.10) I had the same issue of Spotify not being to access the Internet.

Since i live in Sweden I tried your suggestion and it worked immediatly without any issues.

Locking Spotify to the launcher does not seem to keep feeding it thesame parameters upon launch so will just continue starting Spotify like this for now I suppose.

Will this IP change in the forseeable future and is there some coming fix or something I can change locally to avoid having to do this?

@

@dhc01002 wrote:

Can you give a little more information on what you did for the DNS and system proxy?  I am def seeing that in that logs when started on shell.

Was unrelated to Spotify. I messed up some configuration of my desktop. I broke some authentication libs of python changing the bynary on my Ubuntu as far as I remember, now.

Sorry for not responding you shortly.

Hi.

I also have this problem.

When I'm trying to run it from terminal I get an error - spotify: error while loading shared libraries: libgcrypt.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Well.

I had uninstalled Spotify.

sudo apt-get purge spotify-client

Then I've installed it again as described here.

Now Spotify client works well. I didn't have to download libgcrypt11 packages.

Suggested posts