Spotify on Mycroft Smart Speaker

Highlighted

Re: Spotify on Mycroft Smart Speaker

Visitor
I just reached tech support and was told in chat that Mycroft has NEVER been supported so I signed up for Deezer free family account to test drive. Same prices as spotify and a cursory look suggests at least my favorite artists are available.

I will pay for a service that connects to Mycroft.
Highlighted

Visitor

Hi there, 

I, too, would be glad if I could access my Spotify premium account via Mycroft. 

Highlighted

Visitor
As a premium user I agree it's disappointing Spotify have taken what seems to be a senseless decision. How is using Mycroft in my own home to listen to music not allowed?
Highlighted

I used to be a spotify premium user before I cancelled.

Now I am setting up a smart home system using Mycroft and i thought, oh this might be a good chance to get a premium spotify account again.

Then I look up how to hook spotify with Mycroft and I find this issue. It's embarrassing that spotify has effectively disabled access to their platform for Mycroft. Shameful.

Needless to say, I won't be getting a premium account any time soon.

Highlighted

Visitor

I am a long time subscriber to Spotify (been a user ever since they started actually), but not supporting Mycroft could be the thing making me cancel the subscription, and maybe pay for another service instead.

The problem here is that Spotify cancelled the API that was working just fine before, so it's a deliberate action from their side

I' will give it a few weeks more since I know that people are looking into this at the moment, but if not solved it's bye Spotify for me.

Highlighted

Visitor
  • +1 for this. So frustrating. Please fix immediately.
Highlighted

+1 by another paying Spotify user. Hopefully Spotify will remedy this soon. If not, I'll cancel my subscription and subscribe with an alternative streaming audio provider. There is enough to choose from these days. Some cheaper and/or with higher quality even.

SUGGESTED POSTS