Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify repo not updating?

Spotify repo not updating?

It looks like the Spotify apt repository hasn't updated since last July. It has version 1.1.10 in it. The Snap store has 1.1.26, but I can't use that on my work machine due to our software policies, while we have a mirror of the Spotify apt repository which we can use. Though, that's also a bit old, last updated in February, while MacOS is up to 1.1.33.

Will the apt repo be updated again? I'd really like to have the disable Automix feature in my client.

5 Replies

Hey  @dyfrgi 

Could you tell me more what you mean by Automix feature?
I'm just asking because some Spotify-created playlists may have the "auto-DJ" feature mixing tracks together and it skips chucks from the beginnings or endings of tracks for smooth crossfade.

Let me know 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@sebasty Yes, that's exactly the Automix feature I'm referring to. Evidently there's now a checkbox in settings to turn it off; see https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/All-Platforms-Playlists-Switch-on-off-crossfade-i... for one mention of it here. I haven't seen the setting myself since I am stuck with the old version available in apt.

@dyfrgi 

Yeah I see that switch on my snap release too.

I don't know when apt will get updated (hopefully soon!), but for a workaround there are two methods that should help you avoid automix:

1. queuing the entire playlist (ctrl + A, right-click, add to queue) should keep the automix from functioning.
2. copy the tracks in a new playlist, the feature won't follow you there. 🙂

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I don't really know debian that well, but there's a release under the Testing branch that is in line with the mainline spotify release from February. It might be a little buggy but you could give it a try http://repository.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify-client/spotify-client_1.1.26.501.gbe11e53b-15_...

Is it really a bad thing? The snap's 1.1.26 seems to introduce problems judging from the posts on this forum.

Suggested posts