Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify wont play any song on chromebook

Spotify wont play any song on chromebook

I have been trying for a few days to fix this issue and it just won't work at all. I'm using the web browser and NO songs will play. It plays about 1 second and then skips to the next song. and the only thing that plays all the way to the end is ads. I tried restarting my chromebook, signing out then signing back in, deleting the application off of my chromebook, clearing all of my cache, everything. its been three days and i just cant get it to work. does anyone have a solution for me? please?

7 Replies

🖐Yep exact same issue here. Using an ASUS Chrome Box, can only use the web player. 

Have tried disabling all extentions, updated everything (Google Chrome OS Version 76.0.3809.136) and even as far as powerwashing the OS. Still no good. 
Happy to know this isn't just tied to me, would LOVE to know how to fix this issue.

I'm wondering if a change has been made to the web player which is affecting backwards compatibility with Chrome? On this Chromebook (Acer C720) no further OS updates are available, so I'm stuck with version 76.0.3809.136 too. I've had no issues with any other websites, so it'll be really disappointing if this can't be fixed

I have the same problem. Sorry @taven07 I don't think there is a solution. I have had the same problem for about 1 1/2 weeks now. I have tried everything I can think of.

I hadn't thought to test podcasts, but I've just listened to one tonight with no problems! So the (compatibility?) issue seems to be affecting songs only. Really strange. Missing playing music on the web player

I am having the exact same problem on my Acer C720. Spotify customer support were no help at all. Any advice would be really appreciated...thanks.

Thank you for confirming the issue is that my Acer C720 is no longer compatible. This is rediculous that I now have to buy a newer Chromebook just to play spotify, how is that good for the environment, or my wallet? I am getting really angry about this disposable/ throw away tech culture when manufacturers decide to stop operating system upgrades just to maximise their profits over the environment issues. This needs to to challenged by Governments, its crazy.

Suggested posts