Spotiy for RPM based distro

Plan

Premium

Country

IT

Is there a client for RPM based distro?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just use the unofficial flatpak. The flatpak also has the advantage of the fact that we (I am a contributor) actually care if things work correctly and we fix what we can. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Just use the unofficial flatpak. The flatpak also has the advantage of the fact that we (I am a contributor) actually care if things work correctly and we fix what we can. 

Your effort on that matter is great. However, as a paying customer, an unofficial FlatpPak is not the solution for an official .rpm that should work on RedHat/SUSE alike.

Well you can yell at a wall, because Spotify doesn't care about Linux users, or you can use what works best. That's your choice...

@Mattifyer Linux is not an officially supported platform for Spotify.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The funny thing is: https://software.opensuse.org/package/spotify-easyrpm which rebundles the Debian package is officially supported by SUSE.

The flatpak is the binary and assets from the official deb + an older version of FFmpeg so local playback actually works + various little papercut fixes.

IMHO the flatpak is superior to just a straight package transmogrification which is what you're pointing too.

Suggested posts