Country

Sweden

Device

PC

Operating System

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed

Flatpak

My Question or Issue

If I add a local file to a playlist in the desktop app, it stops syncing that playlist. So the file I added, and any tracks I add to the playlist afterwards doesn't show up in the playlist on other devices, and any tracks I add to the playlist on other devices does not show up in the playlist on the desktop app. Tracks I add to the playlist before adding a local file are synced however.

I've tried deleting all the local data (deleting ~/.var/app/com.spotify.Client/), but that does not help, it stops syncing the playlist again as soon as I add a local file to it.

2 Replies

I had the same problem on Android. The fix was to update the app, delete the cache, then make a new playlist and delete the broken one.

Edit: just tried it on Windows Desktop and the issue persists even after a complete reinstall.  Not good. 

The exact same thing here, with no fix. I've tried everything: clearing multiple times the cache and config Spotify folders on Ubuntu, reinstalling on Android... No success fixing this. Everything was working fine until yesterday, and since no updates were installed, it seems like a server/client issue. Let's hope for a quick fix.

Suggested posts