Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing local files with smartphone

Syncing local files with smartphone

Hey there,

I have the Spotify Desktop Client in version 0.9.17.1.g9b85d436 running on Linux Mint 64 Bit, and the spotify app on android in version 4.4.0.1008  

When I add local mp3 files to my playlist in the desktop client, I can play them. When I open the playlist on my android app while the desktop app is running, and set the playlist as "available offline", the app makes all spotify songs available offline, but not my local files.

The device is shown in the desktop app under devices, and the playlist is also selected for syncing under "Devices / Nexus 4".

But on both the desktop, as well as on the smartphone, it says "sync pending".

This used to work well in the past. Any ideas?

Bernhard

6 Replies

Hi there @Berniebln,

of what you described so far I definitely can say that you know how to set up Local Files Sync, but that makes it even harder to find the solution.

I did a very detailed step by step description awhile ago, so please have a look on that first!

I also mentioned a point saying that the problem also could be caused by your Firewall (But you're on Linux).

So for now I would suggest you to check the firewall settings from your Linux and if Spotify is blogged by the Firewall in any way, turn it off!

I hope this will bring us one step closer to solve that. Keep It Up!

Q

Yeah, you're right - I'm on Linux, and I'm not using a firewall as I'm connecting to the web via a router anyway...

And the device is found by spotify and appears under "Devices" as soon as I start the app on the smartphone, so I don't think it's a connectivity issue...

Alright @Berniebln,

I'm not a Linux expert, so I will ask around and see if someone else have a solution.

Sorry but I will look after someone else to help!

Keep It Up!

Q

Hi @Berniebln,

I've just escalated this for you. I hope we'll find a solution!

Q

Thanks a lot 🙂

Alright @Berniebln,

let's see if maybe your phone causes the problem for this issue. So can you please check if your phone fulfill certain requirements such as:

• The device is not in sleep mode.
  • There is enough free space to sync the songs (we recommend 1GB or more).
  • The device has an active internet connection. (WiFi should work better of course).

I hope this will bring us closer;)

Keep It Up!

Q

Suggested posts