Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Thanks for providing Spotify for Linux

Thanks for providing Spotify for Linux

I just wanted to say thanks for making a Linux client. As an Ubuntu user, I just get tickled pink when someone provides commercial software that actually works for Linux, let alone software that I actually use.

So once again, thanks.

24 Replies

Couldn't agree more 🙂

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Totally agree.  I realize there is a web player in beta, but don't ever stop the standalone Linux client. It has worked great for me and Spotify is a Linux geek favorite.  Thanks!

Me too! 

The native linux client runs much much smoother on my little netbook than the web application does! 🙂

Peter

Peter

Big thank you from me, also! It works great. I'm using Ubuntu for 6 years now and the Linux community is growing and growing. I don't understand, why there are so few supporting it.

Spotify for Linux has been of my main reasons for keeping the premium subscription (right alongside Android support). It works well but is still plagued by being linked against openssl. I would love to see the source released so we can improve it as a community instead applying "hacks" to make it work.

P.S. Debian, Ubuntu, AntiX have all worked well with the client so far. Thanks for the Linux support.

I can't see the client ever being open sourced as it would require the decoding algorithms to be exposed. There would be no way to stop piracy if someone was to easily decrypt offline stored files.

Peter

Peter

Library

Would like to also add another thank you to the fine people responsible for the linux client. Just ditched windows a month ago and was quite happy to see Spotify for Linux. This has kept me subscribing to the premium service.

I've just finished installing Spotify on SUSE 12.2 using the instructions at this wiki.  It worked beautifully and sounds great!

I look forward to the day when Spotify supports Linux as a first-class application platform.

Best

n

Perhaps this spec for Fedora by leamas could be tweaked for building under SuSE, as alien creates the lousiest of packages.

Hey, wrong link, that's a really old version. Better link here

Thanks, I was looking for it but couldn't find it.

Yes thank you.

I mostly use linux these days so this version is crucial to keeping my spotify subscription.

Yes, thank you, Spotify for keeping us Linux folks in mind. Will it ever get out of preview status? Running it on Lubuntu 12.10 and it works great. There are some issues--mostly hanging when I do a search, which I resolve with Alt+F4 then reopening from the task bar--but I'm used to working around laggy software. And it synchs with my iPod Touch beautifully.  *TONS* better than iTunes in Wine, which is a complete joke. Please keep supporting/developing for Linux!

Same here. I think it's great that you guys don't ignore the Linux community. Love the App!

Spotify runs outstandingly well on Linux, everybody I know who uses linux and spotify love it and we all really appreciate the effort that has gone into it.

Thank you Spotify for a great looking and working version of the desktop client for linux!!!

Thanks for the Linux client.  I upgraded to Premium today becuase of this.  

Running Ubuntu 13.10 on my laptop and your client works great.

Suggested posts