Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The new ''soundwriters credits'' feature is not showing up in my Ubuntu desktop spotify app

Solved!

The new ''soundwriters credits'' feature is not showing up in my Ubuntu desktop spotify app

How do I update it?

Captura de tela de 2018-02-02 13:30:15.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify should update automatically when the new version become available. You can check for updates using your update manager (for the PPA version) or with the command 'sudo snap refresh spotify' (for the snap version). 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Are you using snap? I believe it updates automatically. My guess is that Spotify did not released it for Linux yet, and will in the near future.

Snap? As in a snapshot by pressing the print screen button? Then yes, I used it. I hope it really updates soon, then. There's a lot of stuff that doesn't get ported over to Ubuntu 😕 Like Netflix's option to download stuff to be watched offline, which I believe was never available to me

This is the latest version of Spotify on Linux now: 1.0.70.399. Unfortunately the Linux version isn't supported officially by Spotify, the developers work on it in their free time. I'm sure they will update it as soon as possible. 

Thanks. I tried really hard to find where does it say which build am I currently using, but I just couldn't. I even went in the /usr/share/spotify folder but didn't really know where to look

You have to go to "preferences". There, you click on "about spotify" (at bottom) and you will be able to see your build number. 

1.0.**bleep**.336.g7edcc575

Should I update, somehow?

Marked as solution

Spotify should update automatically when the new version become available. You can check for updates using your update manager (for the PPA version) or with the command 'sudo snap refresh spotify' (for the snap version). 

Show Credits appeared first in 1.0.72. It has been available for quite some time on Windows and Mac, but I haven't been able to update the Linux client until today.

It is available as a snap now and the debian package will probably be updated tomorrow.

See https://www.spotify.com/download/linux/ for how to install Spotify on Linux.

If you want to change from debian to snap, you need to enter these two commands in a terminal:

sudo apt remove spotify-client
snap install spotify

Suggested posts