Tour Dates appearing and then vanishing from artist page

Tour Dates appearing and then vanishing from artist page

Device: N/A

Operating System Version:

N/A

Spotify Version:

1.0.20.101.ge6957e14

Description

I have a problem that I have tried to bring to the attention of the devs multiple times via email to no avail. Nobody will acknowledge this issue.

A matter of months ago I fimiliared myself with the features spotify makes available to artists.

I have easily got our offers to show on spotify. With some difficulty, I finally managed to get you to change our default artist image, though you've still failed to upload our perfectly sized banner image after 2 attempts.

The problem I'm here to discuss however is the songkick "On Tour" integration. I have our shows listed on our tourbox site.

What appears to happen is a few days after each show has been input into tourbox, they appear on our spotify profile as you would expect. Then usually in the space of 24 hours, they vanish.

I have observed this with almost every batch of shows I have entered into the system.

I have contacted songkick and spotify artist services multiple times on the matter and while songkick have had some temporary success when refreshing our listings. They've yet to present me with a lasting solution.

As you'll observe, we currently have shows listed on songkick that have been up there for a month or so, they do not appear on our Spotify profile at all. Please help us fix this as it's an excellent feature that is highly beneficial.

Artist URI: spotify:artist:0excECam2066DR1StxQd2p

Songkick profile: artists/7278014-lost-atlanta

Workaround:

N/A

Additional information:

N/A

12 Replies

Hey @Spam101,

It seems like SongKick is already looking into this at the moment. I assume you guys reached out to the team using this page?

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes I've used this site. I've sent a email to everywhere I could find

How long ago did you get in touch with our Artists team? Keep in mind, for artists it can take up to a max of four weeks before they reply.

MauriceMVRock Star 7

About 2 months ago. I've had replies from all the departments I've
contacted. I've had no fruitful solution though, i was passed round
different departments until I got what looked like a fix from the songkick
side.

They all appeared and the exact same thing happened again, they disappeared.

I let them know about this and I don't think I'd had a reply since, hence
why I decided to post here to make people more aware of the problem. I
doubt it's exclusive to us.

I escalated your issue and after going back and forth, we decided that it's best for you to try and use the normal contact form and explain your situation, maybe even link them this thread. They normally respond within 48 hours. The contact form.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply).

MauriceMVRock Star 7

I have done this at least twice

Can you provide the 8 digit case # please?

MauriceMVRock Star 7

Okay I have some case numbers: # 00022301 - # 00023078

here are the emails I have contacted and infromed them about my issue.

spotifysupport@songkick.com

artistsupport@songkick.com

artists@spotify.com

And I have submitted my issue via the form on this site spotifyartists (DOT) com/contact-us/

I would contact one company and they'd place the blame on the other and tell me to contact them again.

As you can see I've been telling you since October that this is an issue.

Could you just check if you are located near where your upcoming gigs are?

The listings are geo targeted so your current location might have an affect.

MauriceMVRock Star 7

yes Maurice, a number of them are within my gealocation catchment area, don't forget the UK is pretty small.

I know this for multiple reasons.

1. I've seen them appear. I have in fact seen them, they just don't stay on our discography page.

2. They are in your system. They show up on the new mobile app feature: Concerts

3. One of the concerts is in the city I live in.

Hey @Spam101

Welcome to the Community! 

Also, apologies for the inconvenience here. The best thing to do is to get back in touch with Songkick support and explain the issue with as much info as possible. As they are the one's who manage this, they should be able to help or provide info as to why this is happening.

Hopefully things will be resolved soon. 

Thanks. 

I beg to differ, they're in your system.

I can see them. I just can't see them on our discog page where they're supposed to be, which kind of proves that their end works.

Songkick insisted they had exausted all options and it was Spotify that deemed where the content is displayed.

Personally I believe them.

I am not making this up.. Dude even Adele (the worldwide, mega succesful artist) even her concerts are listed in your system and they're not on her bio page. YOUR FEATURE IS BROKEN! I am trying to do you a favour.

Use the mobile app to find a local concert in your area and If you can find said concert in your area displaying on the artists discog page please prove me wrong.

Escalate this issue man for christ sake.

Not Making This Shit Up.png
I'm Not An Idiot m8.jpg
My Band.png

Suggested posts