[Troubleshooting] Linux Spotify

Solved!

Re: [Troubleshooting] Linux Spotify

Spotify
Spotify

Spotify 1.0.69 in the testing repository now (soon stable) can dynamically load different versions of libcrypto.so (from the libssl* packages).

ultravio1et
Casual Listener

when using Lubuntu 17.10 Spotify doesn't let me open up the 'settings' in the drop-down menu

any ideas?

Lorenzo_NGG
Roadie

It's a bug but the developers are already aware.

decembersoul
Casual Listener

all the other solutions didn't work for me.
spotify was unbearably slow

by chance I found a solution that works for me

LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 spotify

it also works with snap

LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 snap run spotify

Llucmk

Your device and operating system: XPS 13 9350 with Debian 9

Type of Spotify account you have (Free/ Premium): Premium

The app version of Spotify you’re using: 1.0.69 // 1.0.70 (both I tried).

Brief description of the issue: I recently installed Debian 9 on my laptop coming from a Fedora that gave me a lot of problems recently, including one where spotify did work sometimes but when not, said that there was no internet conection and gave me a error code: 4 (Internet worked well).

I installed debian 9 and the first time gave me the same error but then started working ok. Until today that there was no way to get it working again. I tried to delete the spotify cache but I ended deleting by mistake all the content from the file /.cache/spotify/ so after a restart, spotify was just trying to load but didn't load anything, the wheel of loading appeared for ever. Tried to reinstall with purge spotify-client and install spotify-client. This time I could introduce my username and password but I got loading screen again. I tried to install deb files from http://repository.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify-client/ but with both I had same results. There's no way to get it working. I tried restarting the computer a few times between installations.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

Install Spotify.

Delete entire content of folder .cache/spotify

Execute Spotify

Infinite loading screen

6. Attach the spotify-dump.txt ( $HOME/spotify-dump.txt ) from Advanced troubleshooting 4.

P.D: I went home and it seems it started working again. In college it appeared again the same error. (Error code 4). In my home works fine. Doesn't know what's happenning.

raffamaiden
Casual Listener

thesilentlink
Casual Listener

Is it normal the deb repo is behind the snap package? Is the dep repo no longer supported? The snap is at 1.0.70 but the deb repo is at 1.0.six.nine. Apparently I can't say that number...

ndrededu
Regular

Take a look HERE.

thesilentlink
Casual Listener

So there are 2 packages. How does one install the newer 1.0.70? sudo apt-get install spotify-client defaults to 1.0.six.nine.

durin
Roadie

1.0.**bleep**.336 is in stable repository and 1.0.70.399 is in testing repository.

So first you have to add the testing repository.

Add the following line to file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/spotify.list

deb http://repository.spotify.com testing non-free

Then update apt with 

sudo apt-get update

Then you can install the testing version with

sudo apt-get install -t testing spotify-client

SUGGESTED POSTS