Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player not working on Fedora

Web Player not working on Fedora

Hi,

So I've been using the web player successfully without an issue for three months now with Firefox and Fedora 22, up until yesterday. Now, when I load player.spotify.com, the toolbar comes up, but none of my playlists render, and the browse section only shows the New Releases and Discover images. It appears nothing is loading in my browser except the static HTML content. I've tried clearing my cache and reproduced the bug in Chrome, as well as on a different network.

Here's the console output in Chrome:

kindling.js:1639 >>>
main.js:14 Success client-log
main.js:18316 Request timed-out. (bridge message: 'user_metadata', args: ["spotify:user:@"])
main.js:18316 Request timed-out. (bridge message: 'library_playlists_snapshot', args: ["spotify:user:jdb1025777",0,-1])
main.js:18316 Request timed-out. (bridge message: 'playlist_metadata', args: ["spotify:user:jdb1025777:starred"])
main.js:18316 Request timed-out. (bridge message: 'user_metadata', args: ["spotify:user:jdb1025777"])
kindling.js:25300 Request timed-out. (bridge message: 'user_metadata', args: ["spotify:user:@"])
kindling.js:23032 Request timed-out. (bridge message: 'user_metadata', args: ["spotify:user:@"])
main.js:15 Request timed-out. (bridge message: 'user_metadata', args: ["spotify:user:@"])

The only thing I haven't fully ruled out is a plug-in issue, but it really seems to be on your end, since it's happening on multiple browsers.

Edit: Everything works in both Firefox and Chrome as of 9/14/2015 23:30 UTC.

Screenshot from 2015-09-10 09-55-40.png
7 Replies

Hello @jdb10257,

Can you give it a try with another web browser and let me know the outcome?

I appear to be having a similar issue.

Tried the web player on:

Fedora 22, Firefox  EDIT: Booted this laptop into windows 10, web player working just fine on Edge. Not a network issue.

Arch Linux, Chromium and Firefox

Disabled all ad/script blockers. I get either the pinweel or a "can't connect to spotify" message.

A potentially interesting section from the Firefox console:

Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. mootools-core-1.4.5.js:280:0
"Connecting to wss://ash1-linkap-a3.ap.spotify.com:443" spotify.web.client.js:415:433
Translation param length mismatch on string:  Can't connect to Spotify. {{REASON}}Trying again now{{LOADER}} bootstrap.js:5:426

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at wss://ash1-linkap-a3.ap.spotify.com/. spotify.sdk.5.8.3-8be3a59.min.js:219:0

I'm having the exact same problem with firefox and chrome under Debian 8.1. Just started within the last few days

Using this link (pulled from another thread) works for me.

https://play.spotify.com/?ap=wss://sjc1-linkap-a3.ap.spotify.com:443

Huh, that link works for me too, weird.

What thread did you get this from? I'm running Ubuntu, was having the same problem, and this link works

That link above didn't work for me, but player.spotify.com now renders all my playlists in both Firefox and Chrome as of today. Weird.

Suggested posts