Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player, something went wrong, Reload

Solved!

Web Player, something went wrong, Reload

Relatively new user here--back using Spotify after a long layoff just trying it out a few years ago. The app works fine, but I was testing the browser "Web Player" to see if friends could use it to hear my playlists. It worked last week with a different look but now I am getting this error in the last couple of days--see attached screenshot. I've been reading that the Web Player is in transition--not sure what the difference in look is between the old and the new. I am using Firefox on Linux Lite; I also have the same issue on Chromium. Flash Player is up to date--also saw that Widevine might be in play now. I have cleared cache/cookies and tried both browsers with extensions/addons disabled--still no luck. This is my first post in the community. Feedback is appreciated. Have a great day!

SS.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Reply to my original post here: I found the solution for me. Here is what I've been sharing, but I thought I'd include it here in case you see this post before discovering it elsewhere.

Lots of folks are having trouble. I've found something that works for me on my new Linux setup, but it may work for others--as it appears to be a browser issue.

Here's what I posted:

Web Player Workaround (for something went wrong, Reload)

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @oldFakebooker! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Spotify are aware of this issue and looking into it! You can keep an eye out here for updates. I'll be here if you have any other questions.

Keep rocking!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

tick...tick...tick...

I had this problem on Ubuntu/Firefox and solved it by upgrading to the latest version. I then got a popup telling me to enable DRM and when I did that it started working

tock?

Pfffft!

Marked as solution

Reply to my original post here: I found the solution for me. Here is what I've been sharing, but I thought I'd include it here in case you see this post before discovering it elsewhere.

Lots of folks are having trouble. I've found something that works for me on my new Linux setup, but it may work for others--as it appears to be a browser issue.

Here's what I posted:

Web Player Workaround (for something went wrong, Reload)

I have the same issue. Can you post the solution?

Reposting: What I shared that worked for me, post was titled: Web Player Workaround

Setup where I had the problem: Firefox (also Chromium) on Linux Lite

I login using Facebook.

Workarounds: Firefox User-Agent Switcher [OR] Chrome User-Agent Switcher set to Microsoft Edge

See attached screenshot.

The last row in the panel UI is dedicated for the control options including a button (at the lower left) to change the UA to its default value.

You can specify a particular URL or domain so that UA is only applied to that URL or domain (read FAQ for detailed description). For this Spotify issue: in the box at the bottom where it says all_urls, replace that with spotify.com. The extension/addon remembers it for future broswer sessions.

Firefox User-Agent Switcher

Chrome User-Agent Switcher

UAS.jpg

Suggested posts