Web Tool to randomize/rearrange tracks order inside of a playlist

Highlighted
51 people liked this

Web Tool to randomize/rearrange tracks order inside of a playlist

cadmielp
Roadie

This works on Windows/Linux/Mac (Only Desktop Version, does not work with the Web Player or Smartphone app) also. Here's the link: http://textmechanic.com/text-tools/basic-text-tools/sort-text-lines/ 

1. Just go to the playlist you wanna randomize press Ctrl + A to select all songs or hold Ctrl and select specifically songs by clicking. Then press Ctrl + C to copy.

2. Go to the Web Tool, erase the description text inside, press Ctrl + V to paste your tracks (NOTE: If you wanna backup your current list before the change, go down and click Save As). Once you've pasted the links, click RANDOM as many times as you want. Important note: It doesn't work for local files, cause local files doesn't contain URL.

3. Press Ctrl + A to select all, go to Spotify and you have two choices: 1. Create a new playlist and press Ctrl + V to paste all the new randomize songs or 2. Erase all songs of your current playlist by pressing Ctrl + A then Delete and paste the songs with Ctrl + V.

This tool it's free and you can use it as many times as you want.

I hope this will help you :)

Cheers!

24 Replies
2 people liked this

Re: Web Tool to randomize/rearrange tracks order inside of a playlist

DaveVO
Casual Listener

The BEST solution! 

Just did a 2,100 Song Playlist, easy-peasy!

Thanks!

10 people liked this

Machiventa858
Music Fan

I'm curious to know why just shuffling a playlist wouldn't accomplish the same thing as this tool?

3 people liked this

DaveVO
Casual Listener

Auto shuffle doesn't seem to work real well for me past 200 or so tunes.  Then you get lots of repeats and lots of tunes that never get played.

Also, if you're sharing a playlist publically, it just looks a little better to someone browsing the playlist to get a "feel" of what it's like, as opossed to 20 songs from the same album all up top.  Most folks won't scroll past that and just back out unless they really like the first album.

1 person liked this

Machiventa858
Music Fan

Ah thank you for clarifying. Yes, now that you've mentioned it, shuffle does tend to play a lot of the same stuff. I'll give this a try!

2 people liked this

charlescc2

This... is... brilliant!

1 person liked this

shadowymage1

this is amazing i love you

1 person liked this

adkar03

Works great. Thank you!

10 people liked this

thejynx

Hi,

I've made a site to solve the same problem, you might find it's better than this solution:

www.spotifyshuffler.com

Thanks,

James

3 people liked this

cadmielp
Roadie

thejynx escribió:

Hi,

I've made a site to solve the same problem, you might find it's better than this solution:

www.spotifyshuffler.com

Thanks,

James

Amazing tool! Much better, more easy! Very well done!👌👌👌👌

SUGGESTED POSTS