Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When will the Linux snap get the latest update?

When will the Linux snap get the latest update?

So on Windows, the latest version currently is 1.1.36. The Linux version is from last February and currently resides on 1.1.26. I was wondering, is there a regular sync for both versions and when can Linux users expect the latest version to be ported from Windows? 🙂 

4 Replies

I'm afraid that this is not a specific problem with the snap package. The Linux version of Spotify seems to get no updates anymore?!

Linux is not an officially supported platform, so updates happen much less often.

Spotify for Linux is basically a creation by Spotify devs who work on Linux and who wanted to have the desktop app for that platform as well. Done in their free time. : )

I don't know when the next update would happen, but I assume it happens once a year.
You'll have to be on a very old version for things to break or become incompatible and 1.1.26 is way too new for this to happen yet.

Have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Things are are already starting to break. We cannot view the new video podcasts such as Joe Rogan

I was unaware of that... hmm. I must say one of the reasons I picked Spotify over Apple Music, despite the fact I have Apple Watch, iPads, Apple TVs.. (you get the picture) is because Spotify had a linux client! Just in case any one from Spotify is listening!! And in case the devs who made this in the free time are.... THANK YOU!

Suggested posts