two days ago I upgraded my linux distribtion from 14.04 LTS to 16.04 LTS.
This is where spotify stopped working normally.
Some songs still play fine, but for others which have been playing without any problem before, it says: "This song is not available. If you have it on your computer you can import it.".
What happened here? How to fix it?
I'm using spotify version 184.108.40.206.g72ee7853
I'm a spotify premium user.
Upgrade - kind of solved the problem on my own.
I don't know which of the measures exactly did the trick but I did the following:
- switched audio quality in spotify settings from high to normal
- detached my external USB DAC
- deleted entire spotify folder in ~/.cache/
- restarted spotify -> songs played fine via build in audio
- re-enabled high sound quality
- reattached USB-DAC -> et voila - everything back to normal again.
Anyone else who experienced this peculiar behaviour?