Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Year in music and web player

Year in music and web player

Hi,

I have a few questions.

I used this year's "year in music" tool and I am not sure it works well. Stats from the web player do not seem to have been considered properly.

Is it possible that it doesn't track all bands I listened to and the hours I spent listening to this year?

E.g. it says I listened to 944 bands this year, but I also use other services such as songkick to track bands and I usually import bands from Spotify into them to make sure I won't miss any gig. I definitely imported way over 1000 bands this year. Maybe I didn't listen to them?xD

E.g. 2: according to Spotify I spent 87 hours listening to music. Now, I listen to spotify  at least 5 days a week, 5h a day (I listen to it in the office while working). I reckon I spent way more than 87 hours listening to spotify (probably around 800 hours instead!).

E.g. 3: I generated my "top 100 in 2015" and some of the songs in the top 20 have never been streamed more than a handful this year. There is no way I could listen to Vale of Spirits by Suishou no fune more than a couple of times but according to Spotify it's the 9th song I listened to the most this year!

Could all this be due to the fact that I use the web player almost all the time?

85% Web player

12 % Linux desktop player

3% Mobile player.

I'm not complaining and I know it's not a real issue, I'm just curious to understand how it works. 

0 Replies

Suggested posts