Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Linux)

Discuss Spotify for Linux

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent Linux client update changes

Hey! There has been an update to the Spotify Linux client signatures.Users may see errors linked to missing keys and failed signature verifications for Spotify when updating the system. If this happens to you, this can be fixed by manually adding the...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! [Troubleshooting] Linux Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before.So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Basic troubleshooting Go through th...

• Community Legend
  • sleeksorrow
  • Roadie
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Linux
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes

Ubuntu 12.04 technical issues.

I am on Ubuntu 12.04 (soon to be 13.04) running Spotify 0.9.0.133 Linux Preview. 1. While inside of a playlist if I drag a song to the top of the playlist and move my mouse above the list itself but then move back down the song will not position itse...

• Visitor
  • I am on Ubuntu 12.04 (soon to be 13.04) running Spotify 0.9.0.133 Linux Preview.   1. While inside of a playlist if I drag a song to the top of the playlist and move my mouse above the list ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem when launching Spotify

Hello, I have a problem when I launch Spotify on Ubuntu 12.04 (with Cinnamon) I little windows opens in the middle of the screen and it's impossible to close it (no button) Thanks for help... (Excuse my bad English, I'm French !!)

Spotify
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a problem when I launch Spotify on Ubuntu 12.04 (with Cinnamon) I little windows opens in the middle of the screen and it's impossible to close it (no button)   Thanks for ...
  • dblv
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album page does not display year, after the big update

Unless the label has written year in their copyright/published information, there is no way to see when a particular album is from under the album page. Can you please fix that?

• Roadie
  • Unless the label has written year in their copyright/published information, there is no way to see when a particular album is from under the album page. Can you please fix that?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist disappeared and other reasons to be unhappy

Hi there, I am quite upset at Spotify today. One of my playlists disappeared this morning, which is Called "Reveil gentil". I really want it back. I don't think I removed it by mistake and I really enjoy it. Besides, 20 persons were following it, whi...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   I am quite upset at Spotify today. One of my playlists disappeared this morning, which is Called "Reveil gentil". I really want it back. I don't think I removed it by mistake and I...
  • Adrisaboss
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is it possible to start Spotify with a different .config?

I run native Linux client 64-bit. In the latest version I can't search for anything, because it crashes with 'segmentation fault' as soon as I type anything in the search field. Therefore I repackaged an older version, removed the files that conflict...

• Casual Listener
  • I run native Linux client 64-bit. In the latest version I can't search for anything, because it crashes with 'segmentation fault' as soon as I type anything in the search field. Therefore I repackage...
  • leamas
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes