Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Linux)

Discuss Spotify for Linux

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent Linux client update changes

Hey! There has been an update to the Spotify Linux client signatures.Users may see errors linked to missing keys and failed signature verifications for Spotify when updating the system. If this happens to you, this can be fixed by manually adding the...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! [Troubleshooting] Linux Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before.So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Basic troubleshooting Go through th...

• Community Legend
  • sleeksorrow
  • Roadie
  • 151 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Linux
  • 151 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! Desperate need to vote stuff I dislike down.

I'm new to Spotify and enjoying the large catalog, but there is a huge disadvantage to using it: Where's the vote down or don't play this button? I can't actively filter out stuff I do not like and it drives me nuts. I can listen to a radio station a...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm new to Spotify and enjoying the large catalog, but there is a huge disadvantage to using it: Where's the vote down or don't play this button?    I can't actively filter out stuff ...
  • danobri
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Playliste are not secret as it says

Hi guys, just a little problem. I set my playlists "Secret" (not public) but it still contunue to be viewed by my friends. Why's that? I'm using Spotify on Linux, and Spotify app on Android.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys, just a little problem. I set my playlists "Secret" (not public) but it still contunue to be viewed by my friends. Why's that? I'm using Spotify on Linux, and Spotify app on Android.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Centos Spotify Segmentation Fualt

Hi all, I've been running spotify on centos 6.3 for quite a few months now. This morning I started getting segmentation faults when it started up. Tried the usual deleting $HOME/.cache/spotify and $HOME/.config/spotify to no avail. Tried running with...

• Regular
  • Hi all, I've been running spotify on centos 6.3 for quite a few months now. This morning I started getting segmentation faults when it started up.   Tried the usual deleting $HOME/.cache/spo...
  • leamas
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug][Desktop][Linux][0.9.4.183.g644e24e0]Spotify turns Skype offline

I'm currently using Ubuntu 13.10 Every time I start Spotify or Spotify changes track Skype turns to offline. For Skype calls I'm using my phone, but for chatting the computer keyboard and big screen are much more convenient. If I make a longer lastin...

• I'm currently using Ubuntu 13.10 Every time I start Spotify or Spotify changes track Skype turns to offline.   For Skype calls I'm using my phone, but for chatting the computer keyboard an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Discover based on artist followed

Hello, i have a suggestion. If a NEW user come to spotify, the only way to make his current "Discover" is listening diferents artist.... My suggestion is: If i Follow a lot of artist (or friends or someting) "Discover" must to use this information to...

• Regular
  • Hello, i have a suggestion.   If a NEW user come to spotify, the only way to make his current "Discover" is listening diferents artist....    My suggestion is: If i Follow a lo...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

linux 0.9.4: Broken installation layout.

The SpotifyHelper in 0.9.4 lives in the Data directory. This seems broken for two reasons. The data directory has until 0.9.4 been used for non-arched resources. Generally, this is also what a directory called Date could be assumed to contain. The RP...

• Community Legend
  • The SpotifyHelper in 0.9.4 lives in the Data directory. This seems broken for two reasons. The data directory has until 0.9.4 been used for non-arched resources. Generally,  this is also wha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Currently playing track indicator on web-based lists

Why is the currently playing track in the artist/album (i.e. web-based) views not being highlighted anymore? I have to manually press the album art every time a new song plays to do that. Is this a bug or a "feature"? I sadly had to upgrade from 0.8....

• Regular
  • Why is the currently playing track in the artist/album (i.e. web-based) views not being highlighted anymore? I have to manually press the album art every time a new song plays to do that. Is t...
  • someone2
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No "upclick" event on profile icons on Linux

I'm on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) , using the desktop client. If I search for a friends name in the search bar, then click on their profile icon that pop ups, the mouse freezes in the "down" or "clicked" state. I can move it (the mouse) around, but the han...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) , using the desktop client. If I search for a friends name in the search bar, then click on their profile icon that pop ups, the mouse freezes in the "down" or "clicked" s...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tiny playtime bug

Hi, When you open Whoracle by In Flames, the track "Food For The Gods" is listed as being 4:22 in the track listing, but when playing it, the length displays as 4:21 in the "progress" bar at the bottom. I am running Spotify on Linux.

• Hi,   When you open Whoracle by In Flames, the track "Food For The Gods" is listed as being 4:22 in the track listing, but when playing it, the length displays as 4:21 in the "progress" bar ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nightly 'crash' of spotify locks up gnome

Hello, I'm not so sure if this is a spotify issue or not. Just about every night, everything in my gnome desktop area locks up, spotify continues to play music, but nothing can be interacted with. Clicking buttons, moving windows, etc. None of it is ...

• Hello, I'm not so sure if this is a spotify issue or not. Just about every night, everything in my gnome desktop area locks up, spotify continues to play music, but nothing can be interacted with. ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ubuntu Skin for Spotify

Ubuntu Skin for Spotify 0.9.0.133 Install: To install ubuntu skin for spotify, use the following commands: wget http://kurkot.us/spotify-skin/resources.zip sudo mv resources.zip /opt/spotify/spotify-client/Data/resources.zip Author: Juho Kurki - [Sni...

• Ubuntu Skin for Spotify 0.9.0.133 Install: To install ubuntu skin for spotify, use the following commands: wget http://kurkot.us/spotify-skin/resources.zip sudo mv resources.zip /opt/spoti...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Ubuntu 12.04 technical issues.

I am on Ubuntu 12.04 (soon to be 13.04) running Spotify 0.9.0.133 Linux Preview. 1. While inside of a playlist if I drag a song to the top of the playlist and move my mouse above the list itself but then move back down the song will not position itse...

• Visitor
  • I am on Ubuntu 12.04 (soon to be 13.04) running Spotify 0.9.0.133 Linux Preview.   1. While inside of a playlist if I drag a song to the top of the playlist and move my mouse above the list ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem when launching Spotify

Hello, I have a problem when I launch Spotify on Ubuntu 12.04 (with Cinnamon) I little windows opens in the middle of the screen and it's impossible to close it (no button) Thanks for help... (Excuse my bad English, I'm French !!)

Spotify
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a problem when I launch Spotify on Ubuntu 12.04 (with Cinnamon) I little windows opens in the middle of the screen and it's impossible to close it (no button)   Thanks for ...
  • dblv
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album page does not display year, after the big update

Unless the label has written year in their copyright/published information, there is no way to see when a particular album is from under the album page. Can you please fix that?

• Roadie
  • Unless the label has written year in their copyright/published information, there is no way to see when a particular album is from under the album page. Can you please fix that?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist disappeared and other reasons to be unhappy

Hi there, I am quite upset at Spotify today. One of my playlists disappeared this morning, which is Called "Reveil gentil". I really want it back. I don't think I removed it by mistake and I really enjoy it. Besides, 20 persons were following it, whi...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   I am quite upset at Spotify today. One of my playlists disappeared this morning, which is Called "Reveil gentil". I really want it back. I don't think I removed it by mistake and I...
  • Adrisaboss
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is it possible to start Spotify with a different .config?

I run native Linux client 64-bit. In the latest version I can't search for anything, because it crashes with 'segmentation fault' as soon as I type anything in the search field. Therefore I repackaged an older version, removed the files that conflict...

• Casual Listener
  • I run native Linux client 64-bit. In the latest version I can't search for anything, because it crashes with 'segmentation fault' as soon as I type anything in the search field. Therefore I repackage...
  • leamas
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes