"Can not connect to spotify. Trying again now."

"Can not connect to spotify. Trying again now."

jj210113
Regular

Hey dear all,

Since I have updated Mozilla Firefox (a week ago), there are problems with the Webplayer. Everytime I log in, I can start only one song (if I hurry up) and then it says "Can not connect to Spotify. Trying again now." and shows a never stopping loading-circle. After that it is not possible to click onto anything. The song gets played completly, but Spotify does not hop to the next one. If I press F5 the procedure starts again...

Can you tell me what is wrong? I have not problems with any other website.

Greets

Jonas

12 Replies

Re: "Can not connect to spotify. Trying again now."

Dreadlord
Community Legend

Hello @jj210113,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

Can you please let me know the output of the Developer console, so I can determine what is the cause of the issue?

Tools -> Web Developer -> Web Console and copy-paste the output.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Website |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

jj210113
Regular

Hi Dreadlord,

is this what you need? In some parts it is in german (my language).

"Connecting to wss://lon2-linkap-a4.ap.spotify.com:443" spotify.web.client.js:415:433
[AppLoader] Using only bundled apps spotify.web.client.js:415:433
unreachable code after return statement main.js:52191:14
unreachable code after return statement main.js:52191:14
mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create main.js:22124:9
Success client-log Array [ "", "user:impression", "appStart", "", Object ] kindling.js:3:5706
getAttributeNode() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen getAttribute(). main.js:47229:19
Die Zeichenkodierung eines Dokuments im Frame wurde nicht deklariert. Das Dokument kann unterschiedlich aussehen, wenn es ohne das umgebende Frame-Dokument angesehen wird. 3.6.0
mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create kindling.js:4:15685
getPreventDefault() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen defaultPrevented. main.js:59995:85
getAttributeNode() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen getAttribute(). main.js:12814:19
getAttributeNode() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen getAttribute(). kindling.js:6:16488
Translation param length mismatch on string:  Kann mit Spotify nicht verbinden. {{REASON}} Starte neuen Versuch {{LOADER}} bootstrap.js:5:426

[SPB iframe could not load]

jj210113
Regular
Thank you for your help Dreadlord! But I will not be at my laptop again until tomorrow. So please don't wonder, if don't reply to your next message todasy :)

Dreadlord
Community Legend

Hey @jj210113,

Looks like your browser fails to load Spotify Play Button ( SPB ).

We will need to do some investigation when you are back on your laptop : )

Have a great day : )

Twitter | Website |

mrgtreeskier
Casual Listener

I had the same problem. Do you have any extensions on Firefox? Spotify worked again after I disabled HTTPS Everywhere. The extention was conflicting somehow with the native HTTPS from Spotify. Everything works again after whitelisting.

jj210113
Regular

Hi Dreadlord, today I can not even log in to the webplayer. It shows Error 502 Gateway Time-Out nginx :/

Which investigations do you want me to do?

Dreadlord
Community Legend

Hey @jj210113,

Hm, that seems odd. Error 502 means something is wrong on Spotify's end. 

Can you check the different links below and let me know if all of them return Error 503? :)

Link 1 Link 2 Link 3

Twitter | Website |

jj210113
Regular
Hey Dreadlord, the error hasn't appeared again since midday. All links are working.

Dreadlord
Community Legend

Hey @jj210113,

According to twitter, everything should be good now :)

You can check the tweet here.

Twitter | Website |

SUGGESTED POSTS